In-Aruba Travel Portal

Medical Facilities

More
12 years 10 months ago #8932 by VitDAddict
What are the medical facilities like in Aruba? Do they take travel insurance for payment or do they accept US insurances such as Medicare and Medicare supplements? I hate to ask but you never know at our age whether we will need help or not.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
12 years 10 months ago #8940 by Justin
Replied by Justin on topic Re: Medical Facilities
They have good medical care facilities. Often though if you do not have some kind of travel insurance you will end up paying any medical bills yourself. You would have to check with your insurance company.

More
12 years 10 months ago #8941 by Jetsetter
Replied by Jetsetter on topic Re: Medical Facilities
I've read that the Dr. Horacio Oduber Hospital is like Aruba's general hospital which has ties to the US. The hospital is equipped with adequate medical facilities and great medical personnel. Aruba also has other medical units, such as the Aruba Heart Institute, that offer more specialized medical services.

More
12 years 10 months ago #8953 by VitDAddict
Replied by VitDAddict on topic Re: Medical Facilities
Thanks guys! That's good news. At the age my wife and I are, you can never be too careful. We both have some ongoing health issues and it's comforting to know the medical resources are there if we need them.

Justin-I'll check the issue of insurance out with my insurance companies. Thanks for the suggestion!

More
12 years 10 months ago #8961 by joobee
Replied by joobee on topic Re: Medical Facilities
Let us know what you find out. I think this is something everyone should be aware of. You do not want to forget to check with your insurance carrier and end up with a huge bill if you can prevent it.

Time to create page: 0.213 seconds