In-Aruba Travel Portal

Banned Items

More
14 years 1 month ago #3847 by Ginger
Banned Items was created by Ginger
I know you're not allowed to take plants or animals out of the country, but are there any banned items that I might not even think about? Any type of food items or over-the-counter medications or anything that are not allowed but people might not realize they're banned? I'd hate to get kicked out of the country for what amounted to a powerbar or a bottle of aspirin.

None

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 month ago #3899 by coconut
Replied by coconut on topic RE:Banned Items
I have seen so many rules change from airport to airport and state to state (and country to country) it is almost insane to think of a pure list that works for all places. Its almost to the point where you can take nothing but your clothes and ID's, leave everything else behind and be expected to buy all new.

None

More
14 years 1 month ago #3901 by beachcomber
Replied by beachcomber on topic RE:Banned Items
As far as what you can and cannot take on the airplane with you it is pretty standard to US regulations. There are custom regulations as to what can be brought outside the country and how much. You can find that information at: aruba-guide.info/travel.basics/customs/

None

More
14 years 1 month ago #3904 by travelinggal
Replied by travelinggal on topic RE:Banned Items
Thanks for the link beachcomber. It certainly has gotten more interesting traveling through airports and through different countries but if it makes us safer it's worth it.

None

More
14 years 1 month ago #3906 by coconut
Replied by coconut on topic RE:Banned Items
There are some who disagree about it being safer and more for a control type thing. Most of the things I agree with on the lists I have came across but some of the things really make me wonder. I heard you can not take unopened bottled water on planes anymore too, anyone know if that is correct?

None

More
14 years 1 month ago #3909 by Luke
Replied by Luke on topic RE:Banned Items
It is not just (opened or unopened) bottled water but anything that is in liquid form cannot be hand-carried in an airplane. You can place them in the check-in luggage.

About the link that beachcomber poster, I was intrigued by the second sentence. I will quote the statement from the article.

Leather goods and souvenirs from Haiti are not advisable.

Why is it that they don't want foreigners to buy souvenirs? Am I misunderstanding something here?

None

Time to create page: 0.376 seconds