In-Aruba Travel Portal

Aruba Customs for Cash

More
13 years 11 months ago #5285 by kiro
Aruba Customs for Cash was created by kiro
Does anyone know how strict customs are in Aruba ? I'd like to bring $50K into the country in cash to deposit in a bank there, but would like to avoid customs. Info would be appreciated.

None

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
13 years 9 months ago #5944 by 2muchfun
Replied by 2muchfun on topic RE:Aruba Customs for Cash
I'm pretty sure that amount would be too much to not declare to customs. Can you have it wired in or do you have to carry it as cash?

None

More
13 years 8 months ago #5964 by Sunl0ver363
Be careful with that much money and customs. If you don't declare it correctly they could think you are smuggling cash for drugs. Which is of course, frowned upon.

None

More
13 years 8 months ago #6092 by beth
Replied by beth on topic RE:Aruba Customs for Cash
I agree, I would be very careful with that much cash. I didn't experience any problems, they hardly asked me any questions at all, but if you try to slip by and you get caught it might look suspicious. Best to either wire it over or to declare what you are doing right up front.

None

More
13 years 8 months ago #6099 by MatchPoint
I am not sure how much you can bring in however I know when you leave Aruba you have to declare anything more than $10,000. I would really have a chat with customs. That is a very large sum to be taking with you.

None

More
13 years 3 months ago #8025 by jason
Replied by jason on topic RE:Aruba Customs for Cash
that is too much, i would suggest that you wire that money in or you might as well declare it to customs and the reason for bringing such big amount. It is better to keep out of trouble, right?

None

Time to create page: 0.288 seconds