In-Aruba Travel Portal

Teaching in Aruba

More
14 years 2 months ago #3838 by Luke
Teaching in Aruba was created by Luke
What are the chances of a foreign individual teaching in Aruba? What are the qualifications needed for a person to teach there?

I finished a bachelor's degree in mathematics and I would like to have a part time job as a math teacher while having a vacation there. Is this possible?

None

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 month ago #4239 by offseason
Replied by offseason on topic RE:Teaching in Aruba
What do you mean with getting a part time job teaching math during your vacation there? Do you plan a long vacation, like one year or so? I think it would not be easy to get teaching jobs in Aruba unless you plan to stay there for a long time.

None

More
14 years 1 month ago #4244 by travelinggal
Replied by travelinggal on topic RE:Teaching in Aruba
I am sure there are programs available for teachers from foreign countries to teach but it would have to be a longer vacation I think.

None

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #4249 by Luke
Replied by Luke on topic RE:Teaching in Aruba
It depends on the contract they offer on schools. My schedule is flexible and I can teach in Aruba for one year if I need to. However, I prefer short term contracts like one semester job, if this is possible.

None

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #4255 by offseason
Replied by offseason on topic RE:Teaching in Aruba
That's great if you have a flexible schedule. Besides math, I kinda think you can teach English or other foreign languages there (maybe the language you speak natively, if any). As Aruba is one of the most popular tourist destinations, I think local people will need to learn foreign languages in Aruba.

None

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #4261 by Luke
Replied by Luke on topic RE:Teaching in Aruba
The subjects I can teach will again depend on the schools. I can teach English grammar and speaking but what are the qualifications they need from a teacher? Do I need to have a teacher's license for me to be able to teach in Aruba?

None

Time to create page: 0.329 seconds