In-Aruba Travel Portal

US Customs Airport Aruba

More
14 years 5 months ago #3658 by SunSeeker
In-Bound to Aruba

Traveling outside the country can be stressful for people who have no idea how it works. What you should do to prepare yourself for your visit to Aruba is familiarize yourself the different proceedings once you get to the airport. In-bound US customs is only one small part you need to know about, but it is certainly an important one. For your consideration, you should also find out details concerning passports and what you can include in your baggage. Other procedures are basically lines you must stand in at the airport, both arriving in Aruba and leaving once your vacation is over. This means you should definitely plan to arrive at the airport a few hours before your plane departs.

As travelers arrive in Aruba from the US at the international airport there, they get ready to pass through US customs. If you are not sure where to go, follow the group of families, couples and individuals that appear to be in Aruba for the same reason you are: vacation. People farther up in the proceedings will be able to better see where to go, so follow them. As you continue to walk further into the airport, you will see officials appear whose jobs are to process travelers to Aruba that are there both for pleasure as well as business.

The officials that work in US customs at the Aruba International Airport process those traveling for leisure faster than those there for business purposes. This is good news for you if you are traveling with your family or as a couple to the island to have fun. If you see signs that indicate that the person in front of you is there for business, like a briefcase and laptop, you may consider asking if you can step in front of him, especially if you have small restless children. Customs does move at a fairly quick pace, but when you are eager to get out of the airport and into the fresh air, it can seem like it is taking longer.

Your vacation to Aruba should be 100% enjoyment! Many times the airport portion of vacations is the exhausting and most frustrating part of your trip. To help keep this from being the case, simply prepare yourself for what you will see when you get off the plane in Aruba. US customs is something you must go through both upon your arrival and departure from Aruba. Visit [url] www.in-aruba.com [/url] for more details.

Just a day at the office...
Correct me if I'm wrong. :-)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 months ago #4125 by beachcomber
Aruba is great about getting tourists through customs quickly. Customs lines always seem so long but I have always managed to get through Aruba customs in a timely manner.

None

More
14 years 1 month ago #4279 by travelinggal
Good to know that they work to get you through quickly but why do you have to be inspected on arrival to Aruba? I always thought that was something you just did when re-entering the US?

None

More
14 years 1 month ago #4288 by travelbound
I guess more countries are performing inspections upon entering their country as they see terrorist activity is not exclusive to any region or anything like that. Good to know that it goes smoothly in Aruba, though.

None

Time to create page: 0.223 seconds