In-Aruba Travel Portal

How early for flights?

More
14 years 2 months ago #3858 by sunandfun
Here in the states we are told it's best to get there 2 hours prior to your flight. You know because of all the security (I'm ok with that). So how long before a flight are you supposed to be at the airport? I need to know so I can plan the return trip home. Thanks!

None

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 months ago #3862 by SunSeeker
Replied by SunSeeker on topic RE:How early for flights?
We always go to Oranjestad before the flight. First we drop off the luggage a few hours before the flight. Then we go to the paddock for some drinks. 1 hour before the flight we leave the Paddock. The time to get to the Airport from Oranjestad is approx 15 minutes.

Just a day at the office...
Correct me if I'm wrong. :-)

More
14 years 2 months ago #3863 by Kat
Replied by Kat on topic RE:How early for flights?
No matter where I am, I make two hours prior to the flight time my standard. Hanging around airports is boring, but I've been held up before when security gets their knickers bunched. So, I'd rather be bored for a while than miss my flight.

None

More
14 years 2 months ago #3866 by beachcomber
I know what you mean, Kat. I love to fly but the thing that bothers me the most is the fear of being stranded someplace and not being able to get back home.

None

More
14 years 2 months ago #3869 by sunandfun
Replied by sunandfun on topic RE:How early for flights?
Sounds like a plan to take the bags and drop them off and go for a drink. I bet it would calm my nerves before I got on the long flight back to the states.

I hate waiting in airports too, but I try to make the best of it.

None

Time to create page: 0.338 seconds