In-Aruba Travel Portal

Removing of shoes and belts

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #4306 by Luke
Do they practice this kind of security in Beatrix Airport? I don't mind this practice but sometimes it is a hassle for me especially when I'm already late for my flight. I'm amaze how airports have such procedures with all the technologies that we have right now. Can't they make a machine that would identify a gun or a knife that is hidden under belts or shoes?

None

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #4311 by travelinggal
I haven't been to Aruba yet but since most other airports require this I imagine Aruba does too. I wonder if when they switch to the full body scan if you will still have to remove these items?

None

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #4313 by sunandfun
I'm all about safety and being sure that the people that are boarding the same flight as me are safe too. I have no problem removing anything that will help the airport people realize that I am no threat.
I'm not sure about this airport as I have not been to Aruba yet either.

None

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #4384 by Vionette
Safety is important, it's true. I just don't particularly care for this practice because I hate walking around barefoot in such heavily trafficked public places. In this day and age of flu scares and all that it just gives me the heebie jeebies.

None

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #4390 by beachcomber
travelinggal wrote:

I haven't been to Aruba yet but since most other airports require this I imagine Aruba does too. I wonder if when they switch to the full body scan if you will still have to remove these items?

A lot of security venues will ask you to remove your belt and shoes because the belt buckle and the shoe eyelets will set off the detector if they are made of metal. I don't like having to remove my shoes because I have difficulty with my back and knees but I would rather be safe than sorry.

None

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #4417 by Jordan
I don't mind when I know the safety of my family and myself is at stake. If they don't process the passengers through they won't allow the plane to take off.

None

Time to create page: 0.314 seconds