In-Aruba Travel Portal

Removing of shoes and belts

More
14 years 1 week ago #4478 by offseason
I go for the safety as well. The procedure is not a big deal compared to my and others' life. I prefer this way than the full body scanning. My belly wouldn't look good in the scan. :D

None

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 week ago #4499 by coconut
Vionette wrote:

Safety is important, it's true. I just don't particularly care for this practice because I hate walking around barefoot in such heavily trafficked public places. In this day and age of flu scares and all that it just gives me the heebie jeebies.

Take little clear footies with you on the trip. I have been doing this for years now as there is still a layer of protection but since they are almost see through there is nothing hidden that those who police at the AP will worry about.

None

More
14 years 1 week ago #4518 by travelbound
Yea, I remember having to remove my shoes before all the terrorist activity a couple of times because my heels supposedly had metal in them. I didn't even know.

A lot of airports are beefing up screening from people coming from places like the U.S. so it's kind of hard to get around.

None

More
14 years 1 week ago #4526 by travelinggal
beachcomber wrote:

A lot of security venues will ask you to remove your belt and shoes because the belt buckle and the shoe eyelets will set off the detector if they are made of metal. I don't like having to remove my shoes because I have difficulty with my back and knees but I would rather be safe than sorry.

I too would rather be safe than sorry. I have not done very much flying so I was just wondering do they not have a bench or chair set up for you to sit on while removing your shoes? I would think especially with elderly who travel this would be beneficial.

None

Time to create page: 0.470 seconds