In-Aruba Travel Portal

Is It Safe?

More
14 years 1 day ago #4665 by WaterWings
Is It Safe? was created by WaterWings
I know every airport has those people around who may not have your best interests at heart, but are there a lot of thefts at the airport in Aruba? I am just debating what I want to carry in my carry on luggage.

None

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
14 years 8 hours ago #4673 by Kat
Replied by Kat on topic RE:Is It Safe?
I have never had a problem there. I also have never seen anyone suspicious or gave me an uneasy feeling. The majority of people flying in and out are tourists who are either happy to be arriving or sad to be going home :)

None

More
14 years 3 hours ago #4675 by WaterWings
Replied by WaterWings on topic RE:Is It Safe?
Thanks Kat. That's a relief! I am really leery of people anymore. I got mugged at an airport in Seattle (of all places) and I really am hesitant to go into that type of situation again. I guess it's just nerves.:)

None

More
13 years 11 months ago #4691 by ThomianGyal
Replied by ThomianGyal on topic RE:Is It Safe?
Be as safe as you would at any place; people may not look suspicious, but that may just be because they know it's more effective not to look so. I'm not saying Aruba has a major problem with theft; I've never had a problem there, but then again, I've always been cautious and kept an eye on my belongings.

None

More
13 years 10 months ago #5112 by travelinggal
Replied by travelinggal on topic RE:Is It Safe?
I think the others are right you need to take precautions any time you are traveling anywhere. I try not to keep all my cash in one place(like in my purse) and I stash more than one credit card in separate places too.

None

More
13 years 10 months ago #5151 by coconut
Replied by coconut on topic RE:Is It Safe?
Taking precautions is always better than assuming everyone in the world is good. There is no need to think this way to start with no matter where someone vacations. There is good and bad world wide, the key is knowing how to take care of yourself should the need arise. :)

None

Time to create page: 0.533 seconds