In-Aruba Travel Portal

What About Shipping?

More
14 years 4 weeks ago #4678 by Grable
What About Shipping? was created by Grable
If my wife winds up buying a lot of "stuff" while we're in Aruba, can I ship it all back to the US? I really don't relish the thought of trying to pay for it all to go by plane with us. I just know she's going to buy the stores out while we're there.:o

None

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #4685 by Kat
Replied by Kat on topic RE:What About Shipping?
There are places that pack and ship and also some of the stores offer shipping. Just keep an eye on her spending. If you buy more than (I think) $800 you'll have to pay U.S tax on it.

None

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #4687 by sunandfun
Replied by sunandfun on topic RE:What About Shipping?
I believe it is $800 and then you have to claim it and pay taxes. I always wondered why they ask me that when I go to Canada or return - do you have anything to declare?

None

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #4688 by ThomianGyal
Replied by ThomianGyal on topic RE:What About Shipping?
You can ship, and it will be expensive, though not as expensive as bringing it back on the plane with the baggage charges these days. Just as you'd be apprehensive about all your bags making it back, though, I'd also be apprehensive about all the stuff getting shipped. Insure it if you can; I've lost many packages going into and out of the Caribbean.

None

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #4703 by Grable
Replied by Grable on topic RE:What About Shipping?
"anything to declare"

Yes, I declare I had a blast while I was in Aruba-Mwaahhhahahahahahahah!

Yeah, I know it's going to cost me a bundle but this is our first vacation for quite a while so I'm glad to let her go for a good shopping trip. She wants to look at the emeralds that are there.

None

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #4735 by Kat
Replied by Kat on topic RE:What About Shipping?
Just a little tidbit of information - I have never declared any jewelry bought outside of the U.S. Some people may disagree with me, but I think I pay enough taxes to this country (and it's about to get worse) and they can't prove where my jewelry came from. A little food for thought if you're going to be shopping for expensive emeralds.

None

Time to create page: 0.217 seconds