In-Aruba Travel Portal

Aruba and your adult kids feelings

More
13 years 8 months ago #6635 by paddy
My adult kids do not think I should be taking trips to Aruba by myself. I told them that I am very capable of the trip and that I love it. I can understand how they feel about me going so far away but I am in good health. I don't know what to tell them because I will not stop going to Aruba.

None

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
13 years 8 months ago #6638 by zoie4
Maybe they just need to see how great this island is so they know it is safe, fun and how happy it makes you. Maybe you could ask them to save up or go or give them a trip as a present. Once they see Aruba they will love it.

None

More
13 years 7 months ago #7306 by Playn Jane
It's kind of ironic when your children start taking on the role of parents! Perhaps they feel a little distant from your regular life? Or they are facing middle age and the issues that brings? I wouldn't even try to reason with them, just bring back a nice present each time.

None

More
13 years 7 months ago #7320 by tasha424
Yeah when parents start being the adults it can be very strange. You just have to be honest with them about your feelings. I know sometimes adult kids worry and may try to retire you too early.

None

More
13 years 6 months ago #7365 by BeachBunny
Do they travel much? If not, maybe they're jealous, lol. I agree with Playn Jane - don't even try to explain yourself to them. Just tell them matter of factly you're going. Then go and have a good time and don't worry about them.

None

More
13 years 6 months ago #7386 by Toby
I wish my parents would travel like they used to. If I were you, I would tell your kids that they should consider themselves fortunate that you're still active and self sufficient. They should be happy for you that you are still getting out there and enjoying life.

None

Time to create page: 0.427 seconds