Skip to content
Plan your trip

Aruba and your adult kids feelings

Senior talk Aruba style

Advertisement

Forum archive: this forum contains conversations from 2008 to 2014 and is no longer active. Information may be outdated; see our travel guide for current information about where to stay, where to eat and things to do.

Aruba and your adult kids feelings

More
16 years 1 month ago #6635 by paddy
My adult kids do not think I should be taking trips to Aruba by myself. I told them that I am very capable of the trip and that I love it. I can understand how they feel about me going so far away but I am in good health. I don't know what to tell them because I will not stop going to Aruba.

None
More
16 years 1 month ago #6638 by zoie4
Maybe they just need to see how great this island is so they know it is safe, fun and how happy it makes you. Maybe you could ask them to save up or go or give them a trip as a present. Once they see Aruba they will love it.

None
More
16 years 1 week ago #7306 by Playn Jane
It's kind of ironic when your children start taking on the role of parents! Perhaps they feel a little distant from your regular life? Or they are facing middle age and the issues that brings? I wouldn't even try to reason with them, just bring back a nice present each time.

None
More
16 years 1 week ago #7320 by tasha424
Yeah when parents start being the adults it can be very strange. You just have to be honest with them about your feelings. I know sometimes adult kids worry and may try to retire you too early.

None
More
16 years 1 week ago #7365 by BeachBunny
Do they travel much? If not, maybe they're jealous, lol. I agree with Playn Jane - don't even try to explain yourself to them. Just tell them matter of factly you're going. Then go and have a good time and don't worry about them.

None
More
16 years 6 days ago #7386 by Toby
I wish my parents would travel like they used to. If I were you, I would tell your kids that they should consider themselves fortunate that you're still active and self sufficient. They should be happy for you that you are still getting out there and enjoying life.

None
Time to create page: 0.185 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum
Advertisement