In-Aruba Travel Portal

The Xavier University School of Medicine

More
14 years 8 months ago #2189 by SunSeeker
A Fun Friendly Atmosphere for Learning

Do you dream of becoming a doctor? Would you like to study medicine, but want to have the opportunity to study abroad? It was not too long ago that this was not an option. As late as the 1970’s anybody wishing to practice medicine in the United States needed to attend a medical school on US soil. This is not the case today. Today there are opportunities to study medicine at schools around the globe that adhere to the stringent standards of the United States. One such school is the Xavier University School of Medicine in the island paradise of Aruba.

The Xavier University School of Medicine is a new breed of medical school. Located on the island nation of Aruba, the school is overseen and run by a board of US based, offshore medical education professionals. Every aspect of the medical education that students can look forward to receiving at XUSOM is top rate and will be valid toward earning their license to practice medicine in the United States. With a 12 to 1 student to faculty ration and an average pre-clinical class size topping out at 28 students, every student is guaranteed a personalized experience.

The Xavier University School of Medicine has a campus of nearly 40,000 square feet. It is located in the heart of the Aruban capital, Oranjestad and is walking distance from the bus station and all basic amenities. The campus is fully secured and has security officers on premises at night and during weekends. There is a state of the art library and the campus boasts wireless connectivity and brand new Dell computers everywhere you look. All regular labs are held on campus and all dissections are done at a nearby hospital. All of this comes together to translate to a top rate educational experience for the future doctors that attend here.

If you have ever dreamed of studying medicine in a beautiful island setting, then the Xavier University School of Medicine may just be the place for you. With small class sizes, state of the art facilities and a US based curriculum XUSOM is a step ahead of all other medical schools. Although it is a young school, being chartered in December of 2004, the faculty has many, many years of experience training doctors to provide the best care in the world. The curriculum is geared to help students pass their United States Medical Licensure Examinations with ease.

Just a day at the office...
Correct me if I'm wrong. :-)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
14 years 8 months ago #2211 by bethoven
One of the best equipped universities in Aruba. It's good to hear that the quality of education is guaranteed. Does the university have dormitories within the campus?

None

More
14 years 8 months ago #2755 by brandy
yeah i perfectly agree to this kind of learning approach. this is a great help to every students of Aruba. hope we have this kind of university in our own country. the students have a great support to be a successful one someday

None

More
14 years 3 months ago #3740 by chica
Wow!! That sounds wonderful! I was looking into medical school and I love the fact that they have a 12:1 student/teacher ratio. That's really nice. And the fact that you get to stay in Aruba while you are getting an education doesn't hurt either!;)

None

More
14 years 1 month ago #4494 by beachcomber
brandy wrote:

yeah i perfectly agree to this kind of learning approach. this is a great help to every students of Aruba. hope we have this kind of university in our own country. the students have a great support to be a successful one someday

I have not looked into many medical schools in the US but I would imagine that it is hard to find one with that type of individualized instruction. The schools in the US seem to be more crowded probably because in the past you had to study in the US in order to practice in the US.

None

More
13 years 4 months ago #7849 by sweet gal
It's good to know that there are competitive universities like Xavier in Netherlands. I heard that the school is employed with experts in their specialties. Are there enough flights from the US to Aruba?

None

Time to create page: 0.251 seconds