In-Aruba Travel Portal

Aruba Airport

More
14 years 2 months ago #4018 by beachcomber
Replied by beachcomber on topic RE:Aruba Airport
Luke wrote:

This is the part where I don't want to experience. I have been to some airports where the airport authority have a terminal for legitimate taxis so that travelers will be assured that the taxis they are riding are safe.

Why is it that there are still taxis that don't have meters? What is the average payment for a taxi that doesn't have a meter?

The lack of meters lends to the experience of bartering which is very common in Aruba. Bartering is a part of the Arubian lifestyle and is expected by the merchants.

None

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 months ago #4039 by Luke
Replied by Luke on topic RE:Aruba Airport
offseason wrote:

Yes I wonder about it also. Why are the non legitimate taxis allowed to operate in the airports? I can understand if they offer their service in other parts of the island, but an airport is the most important place as international visitors will often judge a country or state from its airport's condition.

I think they are legitimate because the government or the airport authority won't be allowing them to go into the airport if they are not legitimate to drive. I would go with the answer of beachcomber, which is directly above me. The bartering method could be the reason why they are allowed to have these kind of taxis on airports.

None

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.322 seconds