Skip to content
Plan your trip

Flying With Alcohol

Airport Aruba Forum

Advertisement

Forum archive: this forum contains conversations from 2008 to 2014 and is no longer active. Information may be outdated; see our travel guide for current information about where to stay, where to eat and things to do.

Flying With Alcohol

More
16 years 6 months ago #4784 by ThomianGyal
I know that out of the US Virgin Islands, there is an "alocohol allowance" which overrides the liquids rule while flying. As long as the bottles of liquor have labels on them, it is okay to carry them on the flight. Does Aruba's airport have a similar rule?

None
More
16 years 6 months ago #4787 by sunandfun
Replied by sunandfun on topic RE:Flying With Alcohol
Can you not travel with alcohol anywhere else in the US? I didn't know that. I don't know if you can travel into or out of the Aruba airport with bottles of alcohol.

None
More
16 years 6 months ago #4793 by Luke
Replied by Luke on topic RE:Flying With Alcohol
I have seen alcohols on duty free shops so it could mean I can bring alcohol on board as long as I have bought them inside the duty free shops in the airport.

None
More
16 years 6 months ago #4796 by Kat
Replied by Kat on topic RE:Flying With Alcohol
sunandfun wrote:

Can you not travel with alcohol anywhere else in the US? I didn't know that. I don't know if you can travel into or out of the Aruba airport with bottles of alcohol.


It's not the alcohol that is the problem, it is the amount of liquid in the bottle. The liquid carry on limit is, I think, 4 ounces for any one bottle. Based on that, you couldn't carry on, say, a 750mL bottle of rum.

I don't know for sure, but I would think they would have to make an exception in the case of duty free bottles. I mean, if they didn't, then what's the point of duty free shops?

None
More
16 years 5 months ago #4797 by sunandfun
Replied by sunandfun on topic RE:Flying With Alcohol
I got you now. Of course you cannot take bottles on the plane, I knew that. Big bottles I mean. They never know what is in there and it could be considered a threat. I bet you just need to ask when you get to the airport.

None
More
16 years 5 months ago #4798 by slurpee
Replied by slurpee on topic RE:Flying With Alcohol
Yes, asking would be the best thing for us to know how much liquid we can carry. There are airports that are strict and there are some that are not so strict regarding liquids.

I think as long as the liquid is safely inside the check-in luggage then there won't be any problems.

None
Time to create page: 0.297 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum
Advertisement