In-Aruba Travel Portal

Flying With Alcohol

More
14 years 1 week ago #4810 by ThomianGyal
Replied by ThomianGyal on topic RE:Flying With Alcohol
I figured stuff bought inside the airport would be fine, but I'm wondering if they have the stuff I'm looking to buy. In the VI, some people buy homemade rum, wine, or beer that can't be found in the airport, and can carry a certain amount onto the plane if it is labelled even with just a computer-printed label.

None

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
14 years 5 days ago #4909 by vacationer
Replied by vacationer on topic RE:Flying With Alcohol
Just a thought here. Isn't alcohol an explosive? Can't you set it on fire? I would worry about that if I was in charge of keeping people safe on an airplane. It seems terrorists will use anything these days.

None

More
14 years 5 days ago #4926 by offseason
Replied by offseason on topic RE:Flying With Alcohol
Vacationer you have a good point. If I were the airport authority, I don't think I would not allow any alcoholic drink carried on the flight. I know it wouldn't be a popular decision but it's better safe than sorry.

None

More
13 years 11 months ago #5082 by funandsun
Replied by funandsun on topic RE:Flying With Alcohol
You would still have people flying with it in their luggage (which is probably closer to the fuel tanks). I know a lot of people who go on vacation and bring back suitcases of alcohol from the duty free shops.

None

More
13 years 11 months ago #5086 by mitchelle15
Replied by mitchelle15 on topic RE:Flying With Alcohol
Honestly, I'm afraid of flying with alcohol. I prefer to carry cigarettes than bottle of spirits. I think it's a good idea to check the website of your airlines to know about declaration of goods. In other countries, they allow travelers to fly with alcohol as long as you'll present the duty-free proof of purchase.

None

More
13 years 11 months ago #5274 by kiro
Replied by kiro on topic RE:Flying With Alcohol
Aruba is very lax as is their airport. I take alcohol all the time in my carryon bags. Just don't make it so obvious - like packing a whole fifth - and they'll let it go. Be discrete. And don't get drunk ... just a good glow will get you by OK.

None

Time to create page: 0.254 seconds