In-Aruba Travel Portal

Taking minors to Aruba

More
13 years 6 months ago #7380 by Travelwithgrace
I'm posting this here because it's about adults and children, but sometimes the kids you may take are not yours! If you plan to take minors other than your own kids to Aruba (or anywhere) don't forget to get notarised leters of permission from the parents, just to be on the safe side.

None

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
13 years 6 months ago #7381 by Playn Jane
This is valuable advice if you are taking your children's friends or even your own offspring if you are divorced or travelling without your spouse. I think it is unlikely to be an issue on arrival on Aruba but better to be safe than sorry.

None

More
13 years 6 months ago #7385 by Toby
Replied by Toby on topic RE:Taking minors to Aruba
Better safe than sorry for sure. Especially in this day and age of officials checking and double checking travel papers. I always find it's best to leave copies of important documents behind with a trusted friend or family member as well. That way, if you lose something you need, they can send or fax the copies.

None

More
13 years 6 months ago #7392 by Playn Jane
Good point Toby. I try to do that with my travel insurance documents. Actually that makes me wonder about coverage on a policy for children that are not your own. I guess you'd have to name them or get their parents to pay for it. It seems like there's a lot to think about if you are travelling with youngsters.

None

More
13 years 6 months ago #7396 by Sunnyside
Replied by Sunnyside on topic RE:Taking minors to Aruba
I always worry when I am responsible for other people's children or pets, even! I know that I would not be taking them out of the country without all kinds of proof!

None

More
13 years 6 months ago #7407 by zoie4
Replied by zoie4 on topic RE:Taking minors to Aruba
Yeah, I am to paranoid to take anyone who is not family with me (children wise). Of course if I were going to do it I would have triplicate copies of all kinds of notarized letters.

None

Time to create page: 0.363 seconds