Skip to content
Plan your trip

Sun and skin for Seniors in Aruba

Senior talk Aruba style

Advertisement

Forum archive: this forum contains conversations from 2008 to 2014 and is no longer active. Information may be outdated; see our travel guide for current information about where to stay, where to eat and things to do.

Sun and skin for Seniors in Aruba

More
16 years 1 month ago #6736 by RoadsofGoldSun
I wear tons of sunscreen, a big floppy hat and take care of my skin and be careful of the sun. Are seniors generally in need to protect their skin or is it just me? (And might I add I am only at the beginning of my senior years.)

None
More
16 years 1 month ago #6747 by 2muchfun
Everyone should protect their skin, even the young, but the sun in Aruba is very strong, so I could see how older skin could need extra protection, especially since it's done plenty of time in the sun.

None
More
16 years 1 month ago #6805 by Floater
You should always protect yourself from the sun, regardless of how old you are! I am in my 40's, but I have very fair skin. I burn very easily. I have to make sure I have the highest SPF I can find! Sun damage to your skin can cause more than just freckles. It can cause skin cancer, as well.

None
More
16 years 1 month ago #6807 by Vionette
I am in my 30s and I am a stickler about sunscreen now. Unfortunately, I didn't always have this attitude and I did a lot of damage to my skin when I was younger. I plan on taking a lot of sunscreen with me to Aruba. I'm not going there to tan - I'm going there to have fun!

None
More
16 years 1 month ago #6876 by Travelwithgrace
I so agree. It is real important to protect yourself and don't forget places like the back of your hands and tips of ears/nose. I have seen a few TV shows where they take special pictures and show the invisible (as yet) damage to skin from the sun.

None
More
16 years 1 month ago #6905 by Sunnyside
When you are in Aruba, you know that you will be out in the sun, for the most part, so unless you are a native, you really have to prepare yourself! Sun damage can be harmful than you might think! Check out these pictures from the Mayo Clinic:

www.mayoclinic.com/health/sun-damage/SN00021&slide=2

None
Time to create page: 0.343 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum
Advertisement