In-Aruba Travel Portal

Sun and skin for Seniors in Aruba

More
13 years 8 months ago #6736 by RoadsofGoldSun
I wear tons of sunscreen, a big floppy hat and take care of my skin and be careful of the sun. Are seniors generally in need to protect their skin or is it just me? (And might I add I am only at the beginning of my senior years.)

None

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
13 years 8 months ago #6747 by 2muchfun
Everyone should protect their skin, even the young, but the sun in Aruba is very strong, so I could see how older skin could need extra protection, especially since it's done plenty of time in the sun.

None

More
13 years 8 months ago #6805 by Floater
You should always protect yourself from the sun, regardless of how old you are! I am in my 40's, but I have very fair skin. I burn very easily. I have to make sure I have the highest SPF I can find! Sun damage to your skin can cause more than just freckles. It can cause skin cancer, as well.

None

More
13 years 8 months ago #6807 by Vionette
I am in my 30s and I am a stickler about sunscreen now. Unfortunately, I didn't always have this attitude and I did a lot of damage to my skin when I was younger. I plan on taking a lot of sunscreen with me to Aruba. I'm not going there to tan - I'm going there to have fun!

None

More
13 years 7 months ago #6876 by Travelwithgrace
I so agree. It is real important to protect yourself and don't forget places like the back of your hands and tips of ears/nose. I have seen a few TV shows where they take special pictures and show the invisible (as yet) damage to skin from the sun.

None

More
13 years 7 months ago #6905 by Sunnyside
When you are in Aruba, you know that you will be out in the sun, for the most part, so unless you are a native, you really have to prepare yourself! Sun damage can be harmful than you might think! Check out these pictures from the Mayo Clinic:

[url] www.mayoclinic.com/health/sun-damage/SN00021&slide=2 [/url]

None

Time to create page: 0.281 seconds