Forum archive: this forum contains conversations from 2008 to 2014 and is no longer active. Information may be outdated; see our
travel guide for current information about
where to stay,
where to eat and
things to do.
I'm with you, Jordan. All inclusive plans can be cost saving, but they are risky. Just about everyone I have ever talked to who did an all inclusive plan came home unhappy with the food.
I've never stayed at the Holiday Inn in Aruba, but I stayed at one in the Bahamas one time and it left a lot to be desired. I've never had a problem with that hotel chain here in the States, but I question their reliability in the islands or abroad.
That is great to know as I have never had any problems here with Holiday Inns either. I really thought that it was the best way to go (all-inclusive). I know we will be getting food out too... it's my favorite thing to do- experience all the restaurants.
I wouldn't take a chance on the all inclusive deal. Staying there may be fine but I wouldn't trust that the food was great. Stick with finding your own meals and you should be OK.