- Posts: 95
- Thank you received: 0
Forum archive: this forum contains conversations from 2008 to 2014 and is no longer active. Information may be outdated; see our travel guide for current information about where to stay, where to eat and things to do.
The Numismatic Museum of Aruba
- beachcomber
- Topic Author
- Offline
- User is blocked
-
- None
Less
More
16 years 8 months ago #3856
by beachcomber
None
The Numismatic Museum of Aruba was created by beachcomber
If you like money you really need to see this place. It is a museum of coins from around the world. It is located in Oranjestad and houses over 35,000 coins from over 400 countries. I was told that one Arubian collected all the coins.
None
16 years 8 months ago #3861
by Ginger
None
Replied by Ginger on topic RE:The Numismatic Museum of Aruba
That would so interesting to see. When I was a kid, I lived in Detroit, so I was close enough to Canada to get canadian coins all the time. I thought it so cool to be able to collect coins from a different country. Then my dad got a job that had him traveling all the time. I got coins from Mexico, Austria, Italy, and I don't remember where else. So I've had a fascination with coins since I was a kid.
None
16 years 7 months ago #4181
by Jordan
None
Replied by Jordan on topic RE:The Numismatic Museum of Aruba
That sounds pretty interesting. I like to see other countries currency. It's really interesting to see how they use the paper or metals to trade with.
None
16 years 7 months ago #4194
by sunandfun
None
Replied by sunandfun on topic RE:The Numismatic Museum of Aruba
That is something I'm sure my son would love. How cool is it that 1 person collected all those coins. It sounds like a very interesting place to visit in Aruba.
I wonder what the cost is to get in?
I wonder what the cost is to get in?
None
16 years 7 months ago #4206
by offseason
None
Replied by offseason on topic RE:The Numismatic Museum of Aruba
beachcomber wrote:
I don't like money. I like how I can do almost everything with money.
Anyway, that's a great museum. Its coin collection will surely make Uncle Scrooge envy.
If you like money you really need to see this place. It is a museum of coins from around the world. It is located in Oranjestad and houses over 35,000 coins from over 400 countries. I was told that one Arubian collected all the coins.
I don't like money. I like how I can do almost everything with money.
Anyway, that's a great museum. Its coin collection will surely make Uncle Scrooge envy. None
16 years 7 months ago #4275
by Vionette
None
Replied by Vionette on topic RE:The Numismatic Museum of Aruba
I'd like to know more about the person who collected the coins. I can't imagine how long it would take to accumulate 35,000 coins. And I wonder what the collection is worth.
None
Time to create page: 0.198 seconds