In-Aruba Travel Portal

The Numismatic Museum of Aruba

More
14 years 3 months ago #3856 by beachcomber
If you like money you really need to see this place. It is a museum of coins from around the world. It is located in Oranjestad and houses over 35,000 coins from over 400 countries. I was told that one Arubian collected all the coins.

None

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 months ago #3861 by Ginger
That would so interesting to see. When I was a kid, I lived in Detroit, so I was close enough to Canada to get canadian coins all the time. I thought it so cool to be able to collect coins from a different country. Then my dad got a job that had him traveling all the time. I got coins from Mexico, Austria, Italy, and I don't remember where else. So I've had a fascination with coins since I was a kid.

None

More
14 years 2 months ago #4181 by Jordan
That sounds pretty interesting. I like to see other countries currency. It's really interesting to see how they use the paper or metals to trade with.

None

More
14 years 2 months ago #4194 by sunandfun
That is something I'm sure my son would love. How cool is it that 1 person collected all those coins. It sounds like a very interesting place to visit in Aruba.
I wonder what the cost is to get in?

None

More
14 years 2 months ago #4206 by offseason
beachcomber wrote:

If you like money you really need to see this place. It is a museum of coins from around the world. It is located in Oranjestad and houses over 35,000 coins from over 400 countries. I was told that one Arubian collected all the coins.

I don't like money. I like how I can do almost everything with money. :D Anyway, that's a great museum. Its coin collection will surely make Uncle Scrooge envy.

None

More
14 years 2 months ago #4275 by Vionette
I'd like to know more about the person who collected the coins. I can't imagine how long it would take to accumulate 35,000 coins. And I wonder what the collection is worth.

None

Time to create page: 0.375 seconds