In-Aruba Travel Portal

571 steps to the peak of Aruba

More
13 years 6 months ago #7307 by Playn Jane
I am thinking about climbing the 571 steps at Hooiberg, Oranjested on my next trip. This may be a mad idea as I hear it is tough so I guess I'd better start training for it.

None

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
13 years 6 months ago #7313 by Sunnyside
Hmmm, is there a way to ride up, and then walk down? I would love the view, but I am not at all into all of that hiking stuff.

None

More
13 years 6 months ago #7323 by paddy
I have done it once and I loved it. If you plan on doing that I would recommend you start practicing steps and trying to get them in to your daily life. If you can go to the gym and work on a stair stepper and see how many you can do now. Then you will know how much work is left.

None

More
13 years 6 months ago #7412 by Playn Jane
Sunnyside I'm not sure, but I'll let you know! I was thinking more that I may get up and be stretchered down! Thanks for the tip Paddy. I have started doing stair training at home, it's free and I can do it as often as I like. It's going to be a real challenge though.

None

More
13 years 5 months ago #7418 by Toby
Yea, I haven't done this. Guess I'm just not so ambitious :p Jane, you'll have to let us know how it goes for you. I'll keep my fingers crossed that you don't need that stretcher!

None

More
13 years 5 months ago #7420 by BeachBunny
Sounds like a fun goal, although maybe a little too much like work for me, lol. I'll bet you can get some really great pictures from up that high!

None

Time to create page: 0.497 seconds