Skip to content
Plan your trip

How long?

Airport Aruba Forum

Advertisement

Forum archive: this forum contains conversations from 2008 to 2014 and is no longer active. Information may be outdated; see our travel guide for current information about where to stay, where to eat and things to do.

How long?

More
16 years 5 months ago #4874 by vacationer
How long? was created by vacationer
How early should we expect to be at the airport when leaving Aruba and flying back to the States? Is there extra security that we will have to go through?

None
More
16 years 5 months ago #4929 by Luke
Replied by Luke on topic RE:How long?
As the saying goes, "early bird catches the worm". So for flights it would be, "the early passenger catches the plane". :)

I think there is no difference with airports checking our luggage and other security measures. We just need to be there before our flight schedule because we never know what problems will occur.

None
More
16 years 5 months ago #4941 by Kat
Replied by Kat on topic RE:How long?
I think these days the standard is that you should check in two hours prior to your scheduled flight time. I don't like hanging around the airport any longer than I have to so I usually get there right at the two hour mark.

None
More
16 years 5 months ago #4954 by sandboom
Replied by sandboom on topic RE:How long?
Yes Kat, I think the standard also applies in the Aruba Airport as it does in other international airports. Considering that Aruba is the most visited tourist destinations, do you think you can expect some lenience from the airport as part of their service to their visitors?

None
More
16 years 5 months ago #4962 by vacationer
Replied by vacationer on topic RE:How long?
I doubt there is any leniency when it comes to any airport security. You never know when or where a terrorist is going to board a plane.

I hate hanging around airports as well. 2 hours seems like a long time, but I guess it takes that long now with all the security points you have to go through.

None
More
16 years 5 months ago #4980 by Kat
Replied by Kat on topic RE:How long?
Vacationer is right - you're not likely to see leniency at any airport you go to these days. Yes, Aruba is a vacation destination, but they still have to follow proper air safety protocol.

It's never taken me two hours to get through customs and security so I usually end up grabbing something to eat or having a cocktail while waiting to board the plane. Boring, but there's not much we can do about it.

None
Time to create page: 0.189 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum
Advertisement