In-Aruba Travel Portal

How long?

More
14 years 1 week ago #4874 by vacationer
How long? was created by vacationer
How early should we expect to be at the airport when leaving Aruba and flying back to the States? Is there extra security that we will have to go through?

None

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
14 years 5 days ago #4929 by Luke
Replied by Luke on topic RE:How long?
As the saying goes, "early bird catches the worm". So for flights it would be, "the early passenger catches the plane". :)

I think there is no difference with airports checking our luggage and other security measures. We just need to be there before our flight schedule because we never know what problems will occur.

None

More
14 years 4 days ago #4941 by Kat
Replied by Kat on topic RE:How long?
I think these days the standard is that you should check in two hours prior to your scheduled flight time. I don't like hanging around the airport any longer than I have to so I usually get there right at the two hour mark.

None

More
14 years 4 days ago #4954 by sandboom
Replied by sandboom on topic RE:How long?
Yes Kat, I think the standard also applies in the Aruba Airport as it does in other international airports. Considering that Aruba is the most visited tourist destinations, do you think you can expect some lenience from the airport as part of their service to their visitors?

None

More
14 years 4 days ago #4962 by vacationer
Replied by vacationer on topic RE:How long?
I doubt there is any leniency when it comes to any airport security. You never know when or where a terrorist is going to board a plane.

I hate hanging around airports as well. 2 hours seems like a long time, but I guess it takes that long now with all the security points you have to go through.

None

More
14 years 4 days ago #4980 by Kat
Replied by Kat on topic RE:How long?
Vacationer is right - you're not likely to see leniency at any airport you go to these days. Yes, Aruba is a vacation destination, but they still have to follow proper air safety protocol.

It's never taken me two hours to get through customs and security so I usually end up grabbing something to eat or having a cocktail while waiting to board the plane. Boring, but there's not much we can do about it.

None

Time to create page: 0.389 seconds