In-Aruba Travel Portal

Road Rules

More
13 years 8 months ago #6515 by Sunl0ver363
Road Rules was created by Sunl0ver363
Here's a story. I rented a car on my first trip to Aruba, but assumed that all of the driving was on the left side of the road. Let's just say the first five minutes was hair raising until I figured out I was wrong!

None

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
13 years 8 months ago #6517 by 9nickels5hearts
Replied by 9nickels5hearts on topic RE:Road Rules
Wow, that must have been very scary! Didn't the rental car people tell you what side of the road to drive on since it was your first time?

None

More
13 years 8 months ago #6525 by 2muchfun
Replied by 2muchfun on topic RE:Road Rules
It's good to study the rules of the road before you try to drive there. :D For example, you can't turn right on red in Aruba.

None

More
13 years 8 months ago #6528 by ShannaT
Replied by ShannaT on topic RE:Road Rules
It's the little things that can trip you up! I have never driven there but it is good to know more about the rules of the road. I agree that the rental company should have told you the basics, to be sure you were aware.

None

More
13 years 8 months ago #6769 by Sunnyside
Replied by Sunnyside on topic RE:Road Rules
I didn't even know you couldn't turn right on red! Oops! I am so glad I didn't get caught, because I am sure that I did that.

None

More
13 years 4 months ago #7705 by jason
Replied by jason on topic RE:Road Rules
hhhmmm, I will always keep that in mind. thanks for the information it would surely save me some hair raising moments....Just a quick question, is the steering wheel located at the left side or right side of your rented vehicle?

None

Time to create page: 0.365 seconds