In-Aruba Travel Portal

Road Rules

More
13 years 4 months ago #7816 by britney
Replied by britney on topic RE:Road Rules
That's the best thing about traveling to different places. You will eventually learn something that you never encountered before. So, did you pay for the violations you have made in Aruba?

None

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
13 years 3 months ago #8071 by julien
Replied by julien on topic RE:Road Rules
Sunl0ver363 wrote:

Here's a story. I rented a car on my first trip to Aruba, but assumed that all of the driving was on the left side of the road. Let's just say the first five minutes was hair raising until I figured out I was wrong!

That's a bad experience. You have to watch out for road signs. It can be seen all over Aruba. Does anyone here know the speed limit in urban areas in Aruba? Thanks.

None

More
13 years 3 months ago #8074 by sweet gal
Replied by sweet gal on topic RE:Road Rules
Sunl0ver363 wrote:

Here's a story. I rented a car on my first trip to Aruba, but assumed that all of the driving was on the left side of the road. Let's just say the first five minutes was hair raising until I figured out I was wrong!

So what happened to you when you find out you are in the wrong lane?:confused: You must be careful when the road is wet. You must also check your rented car before you drive them. Right?

None

More
13 years 2 months ago #8442 by trish
Replied by trish on topic RE:Road Rules
Here in our country I used to be familiar with the road signs. I have read about the sign which says:"crossroad with priority and give priority" in Aruba. What does it mean?

None

More
12 years 10 months ago #8794 by HurricaneAndy
Replied by HurricaneAndy on topic Re: Road Rules
I would be very cautious about driving unless I knew all of the facts and local rules. I would be more likely to hire a driver or take a taxi where I want to go instead. Money is easier to come by than another life.

More
12 years 10 months ago #8839 by Firefly
Replied by Firefly on topic Re: Road Rules

Sunl0ver363 wrote: Here's a story. I rented a car on my first trip to Aruba, but assumed that all of the driving was on the left side of the road. Let's just say the first five minutes was hair raising until I figured out I was wrong!

I just learned something new. Yikes if that was me I probably would have had a melt down. Thanks for sharing your experience though because some people who are planning their first trip like Chris and I can defiantly learn without it being the hard way. lol :)

Time to create page: 0.275 seconds