Skip to content
Plan your trip

DiviDivi Trees in Aruba

Aruba Vacation Reports

Advertisement

Forum archive: this forum contains conversations from 2008 to 2014 and is no longer active. Information may be outdated; see our travel guide for current information about where to stay, where to eat and things to do.

DiviDivi Trees in Aruba

More
16 years 2 months ago #6603 by 9nickels5hearts
When I was in Aruba, I always felt inspired by the Divi Divi trees. I had had writers block for so many months and when I sat near the tree it felt as if the block whisped away with the shape of the tree.

None
More
16 years 2 months ago #6605 by Philly
Replied by Philly on topic RE:DiviDivi Trees in Aruba
That's a lovely story. I like to photograph the trunks as well as the tree in general. It always seems to be trying to tell me a story in its complicated structure, so I can see how being near one would blow away your writer's block.

None
More
16 years 2 months ago #6615 by SaltnPepper
Aren't they just divine? So much character and I like that they can be used a natural compass. The south-westerly trade winds of Aruba are part of the general island magic, along with these trees.

None
More
16 years 2 months ago #6618 by tasha424
Replied by tasha424 on topic RE:DiviDivi Trees in Aruba
They are amazing trees and it is so interesting. I find if you hang around one of Arubas Dividivi trees you are bound to see a. kododo blauw lizard.

None
More
15 years 9 months ago #7809 by trish
Replied by trish on topic RE:DiviDivi Trees in Aruba
Just to add an exciting information about the DiviDivi tree. Do you know that the tree is always pointing to the east and is never straight?

None
More
15 years 9 months ago #7814 by britney
Replied by britney on topic RE:DiviDivi Trees in Aruba
trish wrote:

Just to add an exciting information about the DiviDivi tree. Do you know that the tree is always pointing to the east and is never straight?


I agree with Trish. In most cases, that tree serves as the natural compass of the locals there. This is because the direction of the wind is always to the southwestern part. Will you agree with me?

None
Time to create page: 0.181 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum
Advertisement