In-Aruba Travel Portal

DiviDivi Trees in Aruba

More
13 years 7 months ago #6603 by 9nickels5hearts
When I was in Aruba, I always felt inspired by the Divi Divi trees. I had had writers block for so many months and when I sat near the tree it felt as if the block whisped away with the shape of the tree.

None

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
13 years 7 months ago #6605 by Philly
Replied by Philly on topic RE:DiviDivi Trees in Aruba
That's a lovely story. I like to photograph the trunks as well as the tree in general. It always seems to be trying to tell me a story in its complicated structure, so I can see how being near one would blow away your writer's block.

None

More
13 years 7 months ago #6615 by SaltnPepper
Aren't they just divine? So much character and I like that they can be used a natural compass. The south-westerly trade winds of Aruba are part of the general island magic, along with these trees.

None

More
13 years 7 months ago #6618 by tasha424
Replied by tasha424 on topic RE:DiviDivi Trees in Aruba
They are amazing trees and it is so interesting. I find if you hang around one of Arubas Dividivi trees you are bound to see a. kododo blauw lizard.

None

More
13 years 3 months ago #7809 by trish
Replied by trish on topic RE:DiviDivi Trees in Aruba
Just to add an exciting information about the DiviDivi tree. Do you know that the tree is always pointing to the east and is never straight?

None

More
13 years 3 months ago #7814 by britney
Replied by britney on topic RE:DiviDivi Trees in Aruba
trish wrote:

Just to add an exciting information about the DiviDivi tree. Do you know that the tree is always pointing to the east and is never straight?

I agree with Trish. In most cases, that tree serves as the natural compass of the locals there. This is because the direction of the wind is always to the southwestern part. Will you agree with me?

None

Time to create page: 0.505 seconds