In-Aruba Travel Portal

DiviDivi Trees in Aruba

More
13 years 3 months ago #8072 by julien
Replied by julien on topic RE:DiviDivi Trees in Aruba
9nickels5hearts wrote:

When I was in Aruba, I always felt inspired by the Divi Divi trees. I had had writers block for so many months and when I sat near the tree it felt as if the block whisped away with the shape of the tree.

A Divi tree is used as an ornamental plant. It has a sloping trunk. I heard that it is leguminous. Is it from the pea family?

None

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
13 years 3 months ago #8073 by sweet gal
julien wrote:

A Divi tree is used as an ornamental plant. It has a sloping trunk. I heard that it is leguminous. Is it from the pea family?

Yes, it is from pea family. A single divi tree is rich in tannin. It has scaly barks. How tall are divi trees? Do you have any idea?Thanks.

None

More
13 years 2 months ago #8443 by trish
Replied by trish on topic RE:DiviDivi Trees in Aruba
sweet gal wrote:

Yes, it is from pea family. A single divi tree is rich in tannin. It has scaly barks. How tall are divi trees? Do you have any idea?Thanks.

Di-vi trees can grow up to thirty or forty feet tall. By the way what is tannin? Is it the dye that is used in tanning industry?

None

More
13 years 3 weeks ago #8722 by lois19
Replied by lois19 on topic RE:DiviDivi Trees in Aruba
I can still remember when I started studying, my mom would always tell me to read books most of the time. And we have a tree in our backyard where she brought me to study. She told me that reading under the tree is very much refreshing to the mind. I am just thinking if we could do it in Aruba under the Divi divi tree. Will this be a great idea?

None

More
12 years 11 months ago #8768 by HurricaneAndy
I've never heard anything like that! That's cool. Oh, and tannin, is a natural type of astrinigent. You can soak a cool, wet rag in tannin or in tannic acid and place it on bug bites or on swollen areas to bring down the swelling. It's also found in tea so tea bags that have been wet and frozen are excellent for swellings.

Time to create page: 0.342 seconds