In-Aruba Travel Portal

One book and Aruba

More
13 years 6 months ago #7287 by Travelwithgrace
I just heard a lovely story from a friend of a friend. She is a member of a group of book lovers. Members leave their finished books in public places with a note saying it is free to take. Evidently she did this two years ago on Aruba and on her recent visit she came across it again, in a small cafe! There were a couple of notes from holidaymakers saying how much they had enjoyed it.

None

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
13 years 6 months ago #7289 by Playn Jane
Replied by Playn Jane on topic RE:One book and Aruba
That's cool. I do try to leave books I read on vacation in the hotel lobby or somewhere like that. Of course not all places want them lying around, it's definitely easier to do this in hostels and guesthouses.

None

More
13 years 6 months ago #7294 by Toby
Replied by Toby on topic RE:One book and Aruba
That is a really cool practice. Even cooler that she came across her book a couple years later and that others had been keeping up with her tradition. I'm not one to ever part with my books, but if I ever saw something like this I would definitely play along by writing a note and leaving it for someone else after reading it.

None

More
13 years 6 months ago #7300 by Chipper
Replied by Chipper on topic RE:One book and Aruba
I like this idea too. I would be more inclined to pick it up and read it if there was something clearly marking that this was okay. Otherwise I'd probably think it was lost property and leave it alone.

None

More
13 years 6 months ago #7337 by BeachBunny
Replied by BeachBunny on topic RE:One book and Aruba
That's a good point, Chipper. How are you supposed to know that it doesn't belong to someone and you should just leave it alone? I do think it's a very cool idea though.

None

More
13 years 6 months ago #7362 by tasha424
Replied by tasha424 on topic RE:One book and Aruba
Wow, what an interesting idea. I have never thought about doing that before. It does sound like something very cool to do. She must have felt so good when she found it again.

None

Time to create page: 0.373 seconds