In-Aruba Travel Portal

Aruba: Sea turtle finds camera and films itself.

More
13 years 9 months ago #6137 by in-aruba
On November 11th 2009 diver Dick de Bruin was diving with his buddy at a shipwreck at Eagle Beach Aruba. While diving Dick lost his digital underwater camera. The camera shot to the surface. Dick and his buddy where to deep and they decide to let the camera go. A half year later someone found the camera thousand miles away at Key West Florida. The finder post the last video that was made with the camera on YouTube. On this video you can see a sea turtle was entangled to the strap of the camera. While swimming the turtle hits the record button and the camera starts filming till the battery was empty.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
13 years 9 months ago #6138 by Playn Jane
Wow, that is so cool. Could this be the first ever advert for Aruba made by a sea creature? I mean look at those beautiful skies and shots of the clear blue water!

None

More
13 years 9 months ago #6160 by omega
I was reading about this as well. It is so amazing what trouble the fellow who found it went to - to locate the owners. I bet that is a new friendship forming with a great story!

None

More
13 years 9 months ago #6170 by MatchPoint
What a neat story! I love sea turtles and think that they are oh so smart. Does anyone know if the video that the turtle took is anywhere online so we can watch it?

None

More
13 years 9 months ago #6202 by SaltnPepper
Matchpoint - you should be able to see the link in the first post. it is a good watch but I wonder if all the movement is natural or if the poor thing was trying to get the camera off itself.

None

Time to create page: 0.345 seconds