- Posts: 68
- Thank you received: 0
Forum archive: this forum contains conversations from 2008 to 2014 and is no longer active. Information may be outdated; see our travel guide for current information about where to stay, where to eat and things to do.
Aruba Oil Refinery?
- Sunl0ver363
- Topic Author
- Offline
- User is blocked
-
- None
Less
More
16 years 2 months ago #6176
by Sunl0ver363
None
Aruba Oil Refinery? was created by Sunl0ver363
I'm not sure how I feel about this. An oil refinery is going to restart on Aruba. On the one hand, I don't want it to jeopardize the beautiful nature, but on the other hand its a restart and wasn't shut down for environmental fines, which means Aruba has been just fine with it working.
www.aruba.com/news/business/3796/#more-3796
www.aruba.com/news/business/3796/#more-3796
None
16 years 2 months ago #6181
by 2muchfun
None
Replied by 2muchfun on topic RE:Aruba Oil Refinery?
I ordinarily wouldn't think twice, but after the spill in the American Gulf, this has me a little nervous. They say more accidents happen on start up and shut down than in regular oil pumping.
None
- RoadsofGoldSun
- Offline
- User is blocked
-
- None
Less
More
- Posts: 51
- Thank you received: 0
16 years 2 months ago #6190
by RoadsofGoldSun
None
Replied by RoadsofGoldSun on topic RE:Aruba Oil Refinery?
I think it will probably be okay. It's the type of business that can support the economy and keep such a beautiful island going so that we can enjoy it.
None
- Playn Jane
- Offline
- User is blocked
-
Less
More
- Posts: 109
- Thank you received: 0
16 years 2 months ago #6205
by Playn Jane
None
Replied by Playn Jane on topic RE:Aruba Oil Refinery?
It may also be giving employment opportunities to the locals and contractors who then spend and boost the economy there. I sometimes forget that while Aruba is my getaway playground there are many people who have it as 'home' every single day.
None
- RoadsofGoldSun
- Offline
- User is blocked
-
- None
Less
More
- Posts: 51
- Thank you received: 0
16 years 2 months ago #6213
by RoadsofGoldSun
None
Replied by RoadsofGoldSun on topic RE:Aruba Oil Refinery?
I completely agree with you Playn Jane. Its not that I'm not environmentally minded, but how fair is it for me to consume oil and then tell someone they can't have it for my convenience.
None
- Sunl0ver363
- Topic Author
- Offline
- User is blocked
-
- None
Less
More
- Posts: 68
- Thank you received: 0
16 years 2 months ago #6218
by Sunl0ver363
None
Replied by Sunl0ver363 on topic RE:Aruba Oil Refinery?
:eek: I keep thinking of oil eaten bacteria when you wrote you consumed oil. 
I do think its fair to consider economic opportunities for the people who live there, but tourism is a strong economic source and I (like to think) that we are more environmentally friendly.

I do think its fair to consider economic opportunities for the people who live there, but tourism is a strong economic source and I (like to think) that we are more environmentally friendly.
None
Time to create page: 0.218 seconds