In-Aruba Travel Portal

Don't Miss the Ostrich Farm In Aruba!

More
13 years 8 months ago #6873 by Sunnyside
I had an opportunity to visit the Ostrich Farm while in Aruba. This is a really nice spot to visit, with or without children. Besides ostriches, there are emus, as well. Kids love it! But, if you are on your own, you still don't want to miss it. They have a really nice bar inside with a beautiful view. Great place for kicking back and sipping cocktails!

None

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
13 years 8 months ago #6875 by Travelwithgrace
That sounds really fun. I have a soft spot for ostriches, they are so funny looking that everything they do makes me smile. I wonder if you can get involved with them, maybe help with the feeding or such? I will be honest and say I have no idea how tame or aggressive they are.

None

More
13 years 8 months ago #6902 by Vionette
A bar with a view and cocktails sounds good to me! Do they serve food there too? Might be a good place to tour and then grab some lunch.

None

More
13 years 8 months ago #6903 by Toby
You know, this is one thing I actually haven't done. It sounds like it would be a good way to spend a couple hours. Sure, ostriches :)

Travelwithgrace - I'm no expert, but I think ostriches can be aggressive and you just have to be careful around them. These ostriches might be on the more tame side if they are around a lot of people and handled regularly.

None

More
13 years 8 months ago #6904 by Sunnyside
Vionette wrote:

A bar with a view and cocktails sounds good to me! Do they serve food there too? Might be a good place to tour and then grab some lunch.

Vionette - yes, as a matter of fact they do serve food! I, myself, opted for chicken fingers, but believe it or not, there are a lot of ostrich dishes on the menu! I just couldn't bear the thought of eating ostrich right there! They say that ostrich is a red meat and that it is low in cholesterol and high in protein, but - I just couldn't do it....

None

More
13 years 8 months ago #6907 by travelbug
This sounds like it would be fun and interesting. Do they explain anything to you about the ostriches or do you just walk around and look at them?

None

Time to create page: 0.250 seconds