Skip to content
Plan your trip

Aruba donkey sanctuary

Mom, dad and the kids visiting Aruba

Advertisement

Forum archive: this forum contains conversations from 2008 to 2014 and is no longer active. Information may be outdated; see our travel guide for current information about where to stay, where to eat and things to do.

Aruba donkey sanctuary

More
16 years 1 month ago #7122 by Travelwithgrace
I have heard about this place but never been, is it still open? I would like to visit but having been bitten by a greedy donkey at a place close to me, (I had snacks and it couldn't wait), I would love to know their policies on feeding the animals.

None
More
16 years 1 month ago #7125 by tasha424
Replied by tasha424 on topic RE:Aruba donkey sanctuary
Yeah it is still open. I find that they do a very nice job of socialization with the donkeys. Most of the donkeys they save are babies and raised by them. They also make sure to keep more aggressive donkeys out of the feeding and petting areas.

None
More
16 years 1 month ago #7137 by travelbug
Replied by travelbug on topic RE:Aruba donkey sanctuary
This sounds like an interesting place. Where do they get their donkeys from? Why do they call it a sanctuary? How did it get started?

None
More
16 years 4 weeks ago #7145 by Chipper
Replied by Chipper on topic RE:Aruba donkey sanctuary
Sanctuaries are usually set up as rescue centers. I didn't know there was one on Aruba but I will definitely call by. I like to support people who care for animals.

None
More
16 years 3 weeks ago #7275 by tasha424
Replied by tasha424 on topic RE:Aruba donkey sanctuary
Yeah, most of them are babies that they have rescued. They do rescue some adults as well. What is fun is that they run a really fun contest where you can put in a name for the donkey.

None
Time to create page: 0.290 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum
Advertisement