In-Aruba Travel Portal

Sleep walking and Aruba

More
13 years 7 months ago #7183 by zoie4
I have discovered the most interesting thing about Aruba. When I take my brother there he never sleep walks. When he is at home he is forever sleep walking himself in to trouble. I can only assume he can sleep better there for some reason. Any ideas?

None

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
13 years 7 months ago #7202 by Toby
Replied by Toby on topic RE:Sleep walking and Aruba
Possibly because is more relaxed and less stressed there. Isn't sleep walking a by product of tension or something negative? Maybe he has too much on his mind at home and it manifests itself in sleep walking, but when he's in Aruba he has no worries.

None

More
13 years 7 months ago #7210 by romana
Replied by romana on topic RE:Sleep walking and Aruba
That could defiantly be it. Maybe you could use this for some kind of visualization technique that could be done back home to help the mind wind down and relax.

None

More
13 years 7 months ago #7211 by Playn Jane
I wonder if there is part of the subconscious that acknowledges he is in a strange place and therefore sleepwalking would be riskier? It's an interesting story, maybe he should ask the doctor for an explanation.

None

More
13 years 7 months ago #7214 by ShannaT
Replied by ShannaT on topic RE:Sleep walking and Aruba
It's good to hear your brother is okay when on Aruba but I think it is still worth checking to be sure that there is nothing he can hurt himself with, just in case he ever does sleepwalk there in the future.

None

More
13 years 7 months ago #7216 by Playn Jane
Zoie, how old is your brother? Maybe he is growing out of the condition, or it is associated with something particular to home? I agree that you should always make sure he isn't able to hurt himself. If he left the hotel and wandered off it would be a problem.

None

Time to create page: 0.343 seconds