Forum archive: this forum contains conversations from 2008 to 2014 and is no longer active. Information may be outdated; see our
travel guide for current information about
where to stay,
where to eat and
things to do.
The world we live in is so busy and all hustle and bustle. With both partners having to work and kids it can be easy to forget to slow down smell the roses and enjoy your marriage. I think it is a necessity to take a vacation, someplace far away and beautiful like Aruba. Two people can reconnect there in ways you can't imagine.
That's a very true thought. I am in my second marriage, which means dealing with things such as blended families and sometimes conflicting ideas on how to deal with things. Spending time away as a couple is vitally important. I recommend that Aruba magic to anyone who wants to keep their relationship stable and fresh. (I sound like quite the romantic, don't I!!)
While my relationship is stong and happy I can see the need for this type of vacation. Having been together for years and seen each other through college finals and decisions about future careers I really need this time with my guy.