In-Aruba Travel Portal

Paranoid!!

More
13 years 7 months ago #7296 by Vionette
Paranoid!! was created by Vionette
Has anybody else ever done a destination wedding? As mine draws closer, I am getting downright paranoid that something is going to go wrong. Something big like the airline losing my gown or something crazy. I knew when I first started planning this that worrying about this stuff was the price I had to pay to get married in Aruba, but I just can't seem to calm down about it.

None

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
13 years 7 months ago #7297 by Kat
Replied by Kat on topic RE:Paranoid!!
I've never done a destination wedding, but from the stress I've dealt with planning a regular, near home wedding I can only imagine what you're going through. I wish I could tell you that everything will be perfect, but weddings are weddings and things happen. Just understand this - if something does goes awry, don't blame Aruba or yourself for wanting to get married there. Complications happen all the time when people plan their weddings for right up the street. Focus on your future husband and your future life together.

None

More
13 years 7 months ago #7301 by Travelwithgrace
Replied by Travelwithgrace on topic RE:Paranoid!!
Kat says it perfectly! I have never yet known a bride who didn't have stress and worries before the big day. I guess yours are just a little different in nature. (I presume you don't have to work out where you can sit people at a reception to cater to family politics and so on!)

None

More
13 years 7 months ago #7351 by paddy
Replied by paddy on topic RE:Paranoid!!
I think it is normal to be nervous and paranoid. Still the best thing to do is to try and keep a positive attitude. The stress is not going to help anything at all. Don't worry, everything will be alright.

None

More
13 years 7 months ago #7415 by Vionette
Replied by Vionette on topic RE:Paranoid!!
Thanks everyone. I guess it's true that something could just as easily go wrong if we were getting married close to home. My best friend got married last year and they had to change the ceremony venue at the last minute due to rain. And then the weather screwed up her horse drawn carriage arrival to the reception. It was a hectic morning changing the plans, but eventually she just took a deep breath and focused on the big picture. I think I need to take a lesson from that experience :)

None

Time to create page: 0.320 seconds