In-Aruba Travel Portal

Aruba dating etiquette

More
13 years 6 months ago #7299 by Chipper
I am going to be visiting Aruba with my friend, and as his girlfriend lives on Aruba he's going to be spending quite a bit of time with her. He suggested that she sets me up with a friend so we can have some kind of quasi double date. I have no idea how Aruban girls approach dating, so any ideas and experience will be very welcome.

None

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
13 years 6 months ago #7304 by zoie4
Replied by zoie4 on topic RE:Aruba dating etiquette
Hrm, well I have heard that Arubans believe that you should go out the same door that you go in. Do not be to worried though, I am sure she would love to learn some of your dating etiquette as well.

None

More
13 years 6 months ago #7336 by BeachBunny
As it's a Dutch island, I would think that Arubans are pretty open minded about dating. The Dutch don't tend to be as stuffy as we are here in the States. I would just go with the flow and maybe ask your friend's girlfriend for some advice.

None

More
13 years 6 months ago #7340 by ShannaT
Replied by ShannaT on topic RE:Aruba dating etiquette
The tip to ask your friend's girlfriend is a good one. If you can't do that then play it by ear, with a leaning towards being polite and kind of course! I am pretty sure the local girls are used to visiting lotharios looking for some love in the sun. (So being a gentleman is going to go a long way.)

None

More
13 years 3 months ago #7789 by britney
Replied by britney on topic RE:Aruba dating etiquette
You have to be polite and handsome all the time. You may also wear your best coat and tie outfit if the dating place requires you to be formal. I'm so excited for you. Can you tell us what happened to your date in Aruba the next time you log in here?

None

More
13 years 2 months ago #8063 by julien
Replied by julien on topic RE:Aruba dating etiquette
Chipper wrote:

I am going to be visiting Aruba with my friend, and as his girlfriend lives on Aruba he's going to be spending quite a bit of time with her. He suggested that she sets me up with a friend so we can have some kind of quasi double date. I have no idea how Aruban girls approach dating, so any ideas and experience will be very welcome.

All you need to do is be polite with your words, and choose a suit that best fits your personality. Try to show to her that you are interested with her by asking about her family. Right?

None

Time to create page: 0.557 seconds