In-Aruba Travel Portal

Pool of knowledge

More
13 years 6 months ago #7495 by zoie4
Pool of knowledge was created by zoie4
I heard an Aruban legend that always makes my mind feel alive with wonder. A native once told me that Aruba is the door wayto great mysteries. The legend says that somewhere on the island is a hidden temple that is the doorway to the pool of knowledge. The legend says that spirits use this door way to pass between worlds! They say it is secretly protected by a shaman who makes sure people do not find or open the temple!

None

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
13 years 6 months ago #7496 by paddy
Replied by paddy on topic RE:Pool of knowledge
Oh wow. That is an interesting story! I really enjoy hearing legends and ones about Aruba are even better. I wonder which culture that legend came from!

None

More
13 years 6 months ago #7513 by BeachBunny
Replied by BeachBunny on topic RE:Pool of knowledge
That's a really neat legend. Whenever I hear stuff like that I always wonder what the origin is. I'm sure it's a story that goes back hundreds and hundreds of years.

None

More
13 years 6 months ago #7518 by Kat
Replied by Kat on topic RE:Pool of knowledge
This is something I never heard before - very interesting. Let's go in search of it! Who couldn't use a pool of knowledge? Lol. I wonder if some locals sincerely believe in this or if they just chalk it up to a native story.

None

More
13 years 6 months ago #7522 by ShannaT
Replied by ShannaT on topic RE:Pool of knowledge
Kat wrote:

This is something I never heard before - very interesting. Let's go in search of it! Who couldn't use a pool of knowledge? Lol. I wonder if some locals sincerely believe in this or if they just chalk it up to a native story.

I would definitely be up for a day out looking for this secret doorway. Actually if we figured out what a shaman looked like it would be easier to spot, don't you think? I love folklore, it's really intiguing.

None

More
13 years 6 months ago #7555 by Chase
Replied by Chase on topic RE:Pool of knowledge
I would love to get a big group together and go hunting for the pool of knowledge. I have a few questions I would like to get some answers too. I have no idea what a shaman looks like but I think they are from Central and South America which might give a clue as to where this legend came from.

None

Time to create page: 0.419 seconds