Skip to content
Plan your trip

Siesta

Aruba Forums

Advertisement

Forum archive: this forum contains conversations from 2008 to 2014 and is no longer active. Information may be outdated; see our travel guide for current information about where to stay, where to eat and things to do.

Siesta

More
16 years 8 months ago #3825 by Jordan
Siesta was created by Jordan
Did you know that some shops along the main street of Aruba take off a 2 hour break for lunch. Makes sense to me, the sun is high at that time and everything is hot and lazy. Sounds like a good time for a nap.

None
More
16 years 8 months ago #3828 by Luke
Replied by Luke on topic RE:Siesta
I think most tropical places have this siesta at noon. The heat really makes the people sluggish especially after they have taken their lunch. This is a good reason for me to have a vacation there because I also don't like working at noon.

None
More
16 years 8 months ago #3833 by coconut
Replied by coconut on topic RE:Siesta
There is nothing wrong with taking a siesta! I actually like the idea, rather than walking into a shop and wondering if the person is overworked or not, you know better. :) I think the place I was visiting in London did a 90 minute mid day break, they all seemed like happy workers too.

None
More
16 years 8 months ago #3834 by Reggie
Replied by Reggie on topic RE:Siesta
That's nice. I wouldn't mind taking off for a couple of hours for lunch and a nap. It's a nice custom to continue. When you're there you will understand the reason for it. Everyone gets sleepy and cranky at that time of the afternoon.

None
More
16 years 8 months ago #3836 by Ginger
Replied by Ginger on topic RE:Siesta
It sounds like a wonderful idea to me. I'm guessing just about everyone could easily adapt to a 2 hour lunch break. A mid-day nap may be just the ticket to doing a better job during working hours. I think all countries should adopt this custom.

None
More
16 years 8 months ago #3840 by travelinggal
Replied by travelinggal on topic RE:Siesta
I wish we had siestas here. I am completely down with taking a long lunch and a nap everyday. Kind of like a little min-vacation!

None
Time to create page: 0.176 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum
Advertisement