In-Aruba Travel Portal

Will my phone work in Aruba?

More
13 years 1 month ago #8691 by johnpaul
I am from the US and i am planning to bring along with me my phone, Do you think my cellular phone will work in Aruba, if it doesn't work, Should i need to buy a new Sim there and have a new number? Anyone who can help me?

None

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
13 years 2 days ago - 11 years 8 months ago #8744 by ayatalim1979
Maybe buying a new SIM is better than using roaming service from mobile phone operators. Roaming fee is very high.
Last edit: 11 years 8 months ago by in-aruba.

More
12 years 11 months ago #8750 by seattlelimoforhire
Some GSM phones work in Aruba. Please check with your cellular provider if they have a roaming agreement with their local cellular company and if your phone is set up with international roaming. The roaming costs are mostly quite high, it might be more cost effective to rent a cellular phone in Aruba.

More
12 years 10 months ago #8773 by Firefly
I never thought about that! I would have the same concern especially if you have children in your hometown like I will. I wonder how the service is? Thank your for brining that up I will need to address that before I just take off.

More
12 years 10 months ago #8800 by joobee
I think rending a phone is the cheapest option. Even if you have a phone that will work there and a sim card, you still will get huge charges. In the end people say renting one saves money.

More
12 years 8 months ago #9104 by dfranklin
The good news is that it will work, even Verizon CDMA. Aruba is one of a handful of countries that use it along with the US so it doesn't require a global phone or simm card. Calls however are not cheap. See your carrier for specific rates.

If you have a smartphone with data plan, however you have pretty much unlimited emails for $20 or so for the month.

Time to create page: 0.429 seconds