- Posts: 25
- Thank you received: 0
Forum archive: this forum contains conversations from 2008 to 2014 and is no longer active. Information may be outdated; see our travel guide for current information about where to stay, where to eat and things to do.
Currency In Aruba?
- VitDAddict
- Topic Author
- Offline
- User is blocked
-
Less
More
15 years 3 months ago #8954
by VitDAddict
Currency In Aruba? was created by VitDAddict
Stupid question but I never thought of this before. What is the currency used on the island? Are there places to convert your travellers checks or should I change to the prevailing currency before I leave the US?
15 years 3 months ago #8986
by Jetsetter
Replied by Jetsetter on topic Re: Currency In Aruba?
Aruba's currency is the Aruban Florin/Guilder (AFL or AWG). I hope I'm right :lol:...As of this time, 1 US Dollar = 1.79990 Aruban Florin...I think US dollars, major credit cards, and traveler's checks are widely accepted in Aruba.
- JillyandCraig
- Offline
- User is blocked
-
Less
More
- Posts: 25
- Thank you received: 0
15 years 3 months ago #8987
by JillyandCraig
Replied by JillyandCraig on topic Re: Currency In Aruba?
If I am remembering right some of the taxi drivers prefer you to pay in dollars, though they may not have change for big notes. You may also have to check the rules for how much local currency you can take out of the country.
- HurricaneAndy
- Offline
- User is blocked
-
Less
More
- Posts: 25
- Thank you received: 0
15 years 3 months ago #9006
by HurricaneAndy
Replied by HurricaneAndy on topic Re: Currency In Aruba?
That's helpful. I didn't even think to ask the question. I guess they have places down there that can do any exchange. I don't know how much the dollar will be worth by the time my vacation comes around though.
Time to create page: 0.167 seconds