- Posts: 113
- Thank you received: 0
Forum archive: this forum contains conversations from 2008 to 2014 and is no longer active. Information may be outdated; see our travel guide for current information about where to stay, where to eat and things to do.
Fruits in Aruba
16 years 7 months ago #4250
by Luke
None
Fruits in Aruba was created by Luke
What are the fruits found in Aruba. This is one of the things that I try in every country that I visit. I eat the fruits that they grow in that region. Is there a fruit that can only be found in Aruba? What are the fruits that they normally sell in Aruba?
I love to have mangoes and coconuts because these fruits are tropical fruits I guess.
I love to have mangoes and coconuts because these fruits are tropical fruits I guess.
None
16 years 7 months ago #4251
by Jordan
None
Replied by Jordan on topic RE:Fruits in Aruba
Oh gosh, I hadn't thought of that! I love fruit of any kind especially if it's fresh! I'm in an orange phase right now and have been to the store at least twice a week to replenish my supply!
None
- travelinggal
- Offline
- User is blocked
-
- None
Less
More
- Posts: 101
- Thank you received: 0
16 years 7 months ago #4257
by travelinggal
None
Replied by travelinggal on topic RE:Fruits in Aruba
You are looking for the Makapruim and shimarucu if you are looking for local fruits of Aruba. The Makapruim are a type of Spanish plum and come in a range of colors. The Shimarucu is also known as a caribbean cherry and just one contains your vitamin c for the day!
None
16 years 7 months ago #4260
by Luke
None
Replied by Luke on topic RE:Fruits in Aruba
Mmmm... those fruits sounded really exotic and tropical. Thanks for sharing that info travelinggal. I can't wait to try these fruits when I get there. Are they available anywhere in the island or is there a specific location where I can buy them?
None
16 years 7 months ago #4263
by coconut
None
Replied by coconut on topic RE:Fruits in Aruba
I would worry that with my luck I would find out that I am allergic to something local and it would ruin my vacation time. How does one know the best things to eat (or avoid)?
None
16 years 7 months ago #4274
by sunandfun
None
Replied by sunandfun on topic RE:Fruits in Aruba
Those are sure strange names for fruits, but I'm sure we will give them a try. Do they have local vendors that sell them right on the streets? That is the way I like to buy them to be sure they are fresh.
None
Time to create page: 0.332 seconds