In-Aruba Travel Portal

Orchid nurseries in Aruba

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #4773 by offseason
Well, as I mentioned in another discussion here, my girlfriend likes orchids. When we visit Aruba, she would love to visit orchid gardens and nurseries. Are there any orchid nurseries we can visit in Aruba?

None

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #4775 by Kat
Replied by Kat on topic RE:Orchid nurseries in Aruba
Not that I know of, offseason. Aruba has a desert like terrain and climate so if there are any orchids there they would most likely be in the hotels and places that bring in more tropical landscaping. Maybe you could surprise her with an orchid bouquet - contact a florist before you arrive and have them waiting in the room for her.

None

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #4781 by Luke
Replied by Luke on topic RE:Orchid nurseries in Aruba
If orchids are hard to grow in that region then how much is the price of a bunch of orchids? I assume that orchids are expensive in Aruba.

None

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #4812 by offseason
I guess so. Well, thanks Kat for the information. I think Aruba has a tropical climate, and it's all what orchids need to well grow. Orchids don't need soil as they are epiphytes who use their host as a mechanical support only. So, the type of terrain in Aruba wouldn't be an issue I guess.

None

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #4826 by Grable
Replied by Grable on topic RE:Orchid nurseries in Aruba
I'm sure some have been imported to Aruba for landscaping purposes. They would probably be in areas that don't want them picked however. Orchids are always expensive anyway where ever you go.

None

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #4846 by slurpee
I think orchids need branches for them to cling on. That won't be a problem in Aruba because I think they have trees where orchids can flourish.

None

Time to create page: 0.362 seconds