In-Aruba Travel Portal

do i need a translator?

More
14 years 8 months ago #2767 by brandy
Aruba has a different dialect. if i would visit the place it will be hard for me to understand their language. it would be a hindrance for a good travel, so does it mean i need to have a translator?

None

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
14 years 8 months ago #2781 by habagat
Replied by habagat on topic RE:do i need a translator?
Well it would depend on what kind of communication you are trying to do. If tits for casual visit then I believe you no longer need a translator but if it is business or something to do with the legal system then it is a quite a must to have a translator.

None

More
14 years 8 months ago #2914 by bethoven
Replied by bethoven on topic RE:do i need a translator?
I don't think we need a translator in Aruba. They could very well communicate with us through English language. Why do you need a translator? I mean, if you are going to ask directions, I think that wouldn't be necessary.:)

None

More
14 years 8 months ago #3032 by reymartin69
You don't need a translator in Aruba. They know how to speak good English and Spanish as well.

None

More
14 years 7 months ago #3504 by lilibeth
Replied by lilibeth on topic RE:do i need a translator?
brandy wrote:

Aruba has a different dialect. if i would visit the place it will be hard for me to understand their language. it would be a hindrance for a good travel, so does it mean i need to have a translator?

nope ..not necessarily as long as you can speak English and i bet you do..since Arubans can speak english too..so no worries..

None

More
14 years 2 months ago #4034 by Reggie
Replied by Reggie on topic RE:do i need a translator?
They also speak Dutch since this is a Dutch territory :). There is a mix of languages on the island and it is very easy to find someone who understands you. No worries mate!

None

Time to create page: 0.304 seconds