In-Aruba Travel Portal

Cost Of Living

More
14 years 3 months ago #3741 by chica
Cost Of Living was created by chica
What is the cost of living like on the island? I would love to come to medical school there and I would be financing myself. Is it easy to get a job there? I would probably have to work my way through school too.

None

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 months ago #3742 by SunSeeker
Replied by SunSeeker on topic RE:Cost Of Living
The Aruban Florin is connected to the US Dollar. 1 US dollar is around 1,70 AFL.
You can pay with both currency on this island. And the ATM gives US Dollars and Aruba AFL.
For me living over there wouldn't be more expensive than where I live now (Europe). Finding a job on Aruba is a different story. I know it is not that easy to get a job. But since a few months there is a new government and maybe they will make it easier for foreign citizens.

Just a day at the office...
Correct me if I'm wrong. :-)

More
14 years 3 months ago #3748 by cerin
Replied by cerin on topic RE:Cost Of Living
SunSeeker wrote:

Finding a job on Aruba is a different story.

I think that is why I would love to save up and move maybe for retirement, but I can vacation there just fine. I always worry if I would get bored on an island though so thats another thing holding me back from moving.

None

More
14 years 3 months ago #3752 by chica
Replied by chica on topic RE:Cost Of Living
That would be fine. I've saved up quite a bit of money over my youth for my education so I should be alright, at least for a while until I can find a part time job. My parents are going to help me out somewhat too.

None

More
14 years 3 months ago #3754 by Steve
Replied by Steve on topic RE:Cost Of Living
I think its normal for an island to have less jobs for foreigners. They would prioritize their own citizens first before hiring foreigners.

I'm still saving money for my visit there in Aruba. How much do you think will cost me for a month stay in Aruba?

None

More
14 years 3 months ago #3765 by cerin
Replied by cerin on topic RE:Cost Of Living
Steve wrote:

They would prioritize their own citizens first before hiring foreigners.

To a point I understand but what happens when the person moving there wants to actually live there and can not afford to. Esp. if I am moving there (no matter what island) and want to be a citizen, I think a place with that type of reputation could end up hurting some tourist who plan to vacation, right? :)

None

Time to create page: 0.787 seconds