In-Aruba Travel Portal

Aruba Cruise Port

More
14 years 2 months ago #4319 by SunSeeker
Aruba Cruise Port was created by SunSeeker
Top Things to do in When Port

All of the major cruise lines that sail through the Caribbean Sea stop in Aruba. Sometimes they dock for just a few hours. At other times they are in the Aruba cruise port for a day or more. There are so many things to do you may not know where to start. The main port is located less than five minutes away from downtown Oranjestad, the capital city. Many passengers disembark and quickly find the main shopping area, located on Main and bay area streets. There many shopping centers located here, from the Port of Call Marketplace to the Seaport Mall and Alhambra Shopping Bazaar.

Duty-free shopping and affordable prices make this area a must see. If you prefer to spend your time soaking up the sun and relaxing on the white sand beaches, there are many opportunities very close to the Aruba cruise port. The bus terminal is just a few blocks away from the cruise terminals. The most popular beach is Palm Beach, and it is always teeming with activity. Jet skis, scuba gear and kayaks can all be rented along this two-mile stretch of beach. There are also many resorts that open their properties to the beach.

So whether you choose to bask on the beach, or poolside sipping a cocktail, it is completely at your discretion. There are also several less crowded beaches closer to the Aruba cruise port. If you have limited time or if you prefer to enjoy the sun in seclusion, this may be a better option. If you are not a sun worshipper, but are not in the mood to shop, then hop aboard one of the sightseeing tours. There are many that leave throughout the day and are three or four hours in length. The island's most unique attraction is the Natural Bridge.

Although the larger of the two collapsed in 2005, the smaller bridge is an amazing natural occurrence. There are also ruins from the 1800's gold rush and historical caves filled with native Indian drawings. For those who have the entire day to see the sights, there are several museums that explore various aspects of the island's history. There is the butterfly farm that has more than two-dozen exotic species, some of which can only be found here. There are many activities that and dining options that are located within walking distance of the Aruba cruise port. Even if you have only a few hours to spend ashore, it is well worth your time.

Just a day at the office...
Correct me if I'm wrong. :-)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 month ago #4336 by beachcomber
Replied by beachcomber on topic RE:Aruba Cruise Port
I have never taken a cruise so I have never had the opportunity to enter Aruba through the port. I have enjoyed many of the beaches and shopping venues in the port area.

None

More
14 years 1 month ago #4349 by Luke
Replied by Luke on topic RE:Aruba Cruise Port
Thanks for the information. I'm intrigued by the 1800's gold rush. Did anyone find gold on the island?

And what about the Indian drawings? Are they related to the drawings on the nearby countries or does it have unique designs?

None

More
14 years 1 month ago #4351 by coconut
Replied by coconut on topic RE:Aruba Cruise Port
I think one of the biggest issues is most people never know where to start on a trip, they see what they can find online and hope for the best but never really prepare for the trip.

I have went to visit some of the smallest places in the world and its always amazing how many things you never know about until you talk to locals.

None

More
14 years 1 month ago #4363 by Vionette
Replied by Vionette on topic RE:Aruba Cruise Port
I have never seen a cruise ship up close and I really hope I get to see one while we're in Aruba. They look so massive on TV and I'll bet they are overwhelming when you're right there next to one.

None

More
14 years 1 month ago #4395 by travelinggal
Replied by travelinggal on topic RE:Aruba Cruise Port
I also have never had the opportunity to see a cruise ship inperson so I am excited about the possibility of seeing several in one place. I wish they would let visitors board and look around...that would be a great way to get bookings from those who have never been before.

None

Time to create page: 0.355 seconds