In-Aruba Travel Portal

Day trip

More
14 years 1 month ago #4645 by sunandfun
Day trip was created by sunandfun
We are not staying in Oranjestad when we come to Aruba. If we plan on coming into Oranjestad for a day trip, what do we have to see? What do we have to do for that day? Is it worth coming for the day or should we stay here a couple of days?

None

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 month ago #4647 by Grable
Replied by Grable on topic RE:Day trip
From what I can tell, it would take a couple of days at least to see everything worthwhile. I've been thinking of going the bed and breakfast route and then visiting everywhere. I would rather be someplace small than someplace where you're just another tourist.:)

None

More
14 years 1 month ago #4683 by sunandfun
Replied by sunandfun on topic RE:Day trip
That is true... I would like to be somewhere that there isn't a ton of people. I think Oranjestad is pretty busy though, probably the busiest in Aruba.

None

More
14 years 1 month ago #4684 by Kat
Replied by Kat on topic RE:Day trip
Aruba is a very small island - about 19 miles long and 6 miles wide. There is really no reason why you would have to stay in Oranjestad (unless you wanted to) because you could just rent a car for a couple days or take a cab there.

None

More
14 years 1 month ago #4686 by sunandfun
Replied by sunandfun on topic RE:Day trip
Well that is a good idea too, we could just go back a couple of time while we were there (for 10 days)... I can't wait to go and visit. I hope it's as wonderful as I am imagining.

None

More
14 years 1 month ago #4693 by Kat
Replied by Kat on topic RE:Day trip
Everyone is different, but I typically go into Oranjestad at least twice. I'll go for a few hours during the day and do some shopping, check out the cruise ships (I think they are so cool to look at), and have lunch. Then I usually have dinner there at least once, sometimes twice.

None

Time to create page: 0.375 seconds