In-Aruba Travel Portal

Is There A Specific Indigenous Dance?

More
14 years 1 week ago #4854 by Grable
I know Hawaii has the hula and most other cultures have their own dances. What dances are native to Aruba and are they still performed for the tourists like they do in Hawaii?

None

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 week ago #4858 by WaterWings
I never thought of that. That's an interesting question. Surely there are local dances and music that the native island people have. I know it has probably been influenced by the Dutch to some extent but it would be interesting nonetheless.

None

More
14 years 5 days ago #4895 by offseason
I am not sure about that but I believe they have their own local dance as one of their cultural products. I ever read here that Aruba has their own type of music they primarily listen to, play and dance to named tumba.

None

More
14 years 2 days ago #4993 by sandboom
Do they have a special dance to dance the music tumba, or the dance also called tumba? Anyway, even there isn't (so to say) a national dance of Aruba, as Caribbean people who love and enjoy music, I think Arubans must have some special dances to dance in special occasions.

None

More
13 years 11 months ago #5035 by coconut
Are you speaking of something specific like a dance for only calypso music? I am sure its possible but I have yet to see any of it for myself.

None

More
13 years 11 months ago #5048 by Lincoln
I notice that islanders have almost the same dances. They have an upbeat music with drums. I don't know about tumba but I'm very interested to see or even learn about this dance.

None

Time to create page: 0.355 seconds