Skip to content
Plan your trip

Is There A Specific Indigenous Dance?

Oranjestad Forum

Advertisement

Forum archive: this forum contains conversations from 2008 to 2014 and is no longer active. Information may be outdated; see our travel guide for current information about where to stay, where to eat and things to do.

Is There A Specific Indigenous Dance?

More
16 years 5 months ago #4854 by Grable
I know Hawaii has the hula and most other cultures have their own dances. What dances are native to Aruba and are they still performed for the tourists like they do in Hawaii?

None
More
16 years 5 months ago #4858 by WaterWings
I never thought of that. That's an interesting question. Surely there are local dances and music that the native island people have. I know it has probably been influenced by the Dutch to some extent but it would be interesting nonetheless.

None
More
16 years 5 months ago #4895 by offseason
I am not sure about that but I believe they have their own local dance as one of their cultural products. I ever read here that Aruba has their own type of music they primarily listen to, play and dance to named tumba.

None
More
16 years 5 months ago #4993 by sandboom
Do they have a special dance to dance the music tumba, or the dance also called tumba? Anyway, even there isn't (so to say) a national dance of Aruba, as Caribbean people who love and enjoy music, I think Arubans must have some special dances to dance in special occasions.

None
More
16 years 5 months ago #5035 by coconut
Are you speaking of something specific like a dance for only calypso music? I am sure its possible but I have yet to see any of it for myself.

None
More
16 years 5 months ago #5048 by Lincoln
I notice that islanders have almost the same dances. They have an upbeat music with drums. I don't know about tumba but I'm very interested to see or even learn about this dance.

None
Time to create page: 0.180 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum
Advertisement