Skip to content
Plan your trip

Archaeological Museum of Aruba

Oranjestad Forum

Advertisement

Forum archive: this forum contains conversations from 2008 to 2014 and is no longer active. Information may be outdated; see our travel guide for current information about where to stay, where to eat and things to do.

Archaeological Museum of Aruba

More
16 years 2 months ago #5841 by zoie4
If you like Aruba and you like history then this is a really neat little museum to visit. They have some very interesting artifacts and in-depth info all about the history of the island.

None
More
16 years 2 months ago #5846 by zoie4
I just wanted to add that they have a really honest view of the history their. Each country tends to history work for them. It is really interesting to see what their records show and how they see their own history.

None
More
16 years 2 months ago #5853 by Sunl0ver363
I agree. This is a lovely little museum. It is nice to get a look at the history of a place that is giving so much enjoyment.

None
More
16 years 2 months ago #5855 by tasha424
I have never been there but it sounds really charming. I would love to check it out on my next visit. I have learned Aruba's history in bits and pieces. It would be very nice to see it presented from their point of view all in once place.

None
More
16 years 2 months ago #5907 by Jolene
I find it fascinating to go to museums about their own national hisotry, because as was mentioned, they sometimes tend to make the history work for them with a partiotic spin, but sometimes can also be strikingly honest. It's always interesting to see what is presented and how.

None
Time to create page: 0.168 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum
Advertisement