In-Aruba Travel Portal

Food Safety

More
13 years 8 months ago #6580 by RoadsofGoldSun
Food Safety was created by RoadsofGoldSun
I have a lack of an Aruba story - food poisoning! And that I think is a very good thing. I can't say I haven't gotten it in other countries, but Aruba has been smooth sailing on this front. (So far.)

None

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
13 years 8 months ago #6581 by MiriamAndShoshannadDieu
This is such an interesting topic. The World Health Organization says that all of Aruba's health food workers are tested for TB, Shigellosis and some other foodborne disease every year! We could never coordinate that in the US!

None

More
13 years 8 months ago #6586 by Nakko
Replied by Nakko on topic RE:Food Safety
I was reading that almost all of the food in Aruba is imported, which if they are imported from a reliable source would boost food safety. Not a lot of room on the island for cattle I guess.

None

More
13 years 8 months ago #6590 by Playn Jane
Replied by Playn Jane on topic RE:Food Safety
Yeah I've never really thought about this before but I have had no food issues on Aruba and the restaurants always seem to have a high standard of hygiene. (And I do take notice of this having had food poisoning twice before).

None

More
13 years 8 months ago #6591 by 2muchfun
Replied by 2muchfun on topic RE:Food Safety
I guess that stands to reason the food has to be imported. I bet it doesn't come from far though seeing as the coast is not too far away from the coast of south and central america.

None

More
13 years 4 months ago #7808 by trish
Replied by trish on topic RE:Food Safety
Playn Jane wrote:

Yeah I've never really thought about this before but I have had no food issues on Aruba and the restaurants always seem to have a high standard of hygiene. (And I do take notice of this having had food poisoning twice before).

I think, knowing that Aruba is one of the most visited countries in the world,has pushed vendors to obtain a high standard when it comes to food safety. Anyway, street vendors in Aruba are encouraged to have licenses on food safety. So, there's nothing to worry about. Will you agree with me?

None

Time to create page: 0.373 seconds