In-Aruba Travel Portal

Food Safety

More
13 years 4 months ago #7813 by britney
Replied by britney on topic RE:Food Safety
You must avoid eating raw foods or vegetables and fruits that are not properly washed or peeled. You may as well bring with you antidiarrheal medicines. In cases, you may experience diarrhea, you have something to take.

None

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
13 years 3 months ago #7978 by francis
Replied by francis on topic RE:Food Safety
No doubt food safety is one of the primary concerns of travelers. I would agree with Britney if it's your first time to eat on a restaurant which is not known to you try ordering full cooked meals rather than raw ones at the same time try checking if their is a health certificate placed in the counter of the restaurant. Normally in other countries they are required by law to have a regular check up on restaurant staff and others. would that help?

None

More
13 years 3 months ago #8028 by sweet gal
Replied by sweet gal on topic RE:Food Safety
francis wrote:

No doubt food safety is one of the primary concerns of travelers. I would agree with Britney if it's your first time to eat on a restaurant which is not known to you try ordering full cooked meals rather than raw ones at the same time try checking if their is a health certificate placed in the counter of the restaurant. Normally in other countries they are required by law to have a regular check up on restaurant staff and others. would that help?

Yes! They do it every year when all of its employees, including the preparation of food is well-checked. In fact,they have the so called holding time.It means that if it lapses the maximum time in the counter, and it is not served it does not anymore fit with the standards on food safety. They would eventually treat it as junk. Do you have any reactions to this?

None

More
13 years 3 months ago #8070 by julien
Replied by julien on topic RE:Food Safety
RoadsofGoldSun wrote:

I have a lack of an Aruba story - food poisoning! And that I think is a very good thing. I can't say I haven't gotten it in other countries, but Aruba has been smooth sailing on this front. (So far.)

Another food safety tip is be careful with left over foods. Bacteria can breed there if it is not handled properly. Have you been food poisoned before?

None

More
13 years 3 months ago #8075 by sweet gal
Replied by sweet gal on topic RE:Food Safety
RoadsofGoldSun wrote:

I have a lack of an Aruba story - food poisoning! And that I think is a very good thing. I can't say I haven't gotten it in other countries, but Aruba has been smooth sailing on this front. (So far.)

In fact, food poisoning is preventable. You must see to it that the food you will eat has been cooked properly with the appropriate temperature. Right?

None

More
13 years 3 months ago #8115 by Meliss
Replied by Meliss on topic RE:Food Safety
thanks for the info

None

Time to create page: 0.396 seconds