- Posts: 25
- Thank you received: 0
Forum archive: this forum contains conversations from 2008 to 2014 and is no longer active. Information may be outdated; see our travel guide for current information about where to stay, where to eat and things to do.
Traveling with Strangers
15 years 4 months ago #8845
by Zooba
Traveling with Strangers was created by Zooba
Have you ever traveled with a stranger as a new travel buddy? I really want to try it out but I'm also really nervous about it. Do you stay in the same rooms? What if you have a big disagreement? How did you meet them?
15 years 4 months ago #8851
by Lantern
Replied by Lantern on topic Re: Traveling with Strangers
I haven't done this but my friend did when she went to Europe. I think there are several websites where people advertise their plans and invite others to join for all or some of the journey. Personally I wouldn't commit to an extensive plan, or share a room with a stranger.
- junethetraveler
- Offline
- User is blocked
-
Less
More
- Posts: 25
- Thank you received: 0
15 years 4 months ago #8856
by junethetraveler
Replied by junethetraveler on topic Re: Traveling with Strangers
I have done this once. There are a lot of ways to find travel buddies. of course the most important thing to do is to remain safe. So get to know details and check up on their background.
15 years 4 months ago #8868
by Jetsetter
Replied by Jetsetter on topic Re: Traveling with Strangers
I have never done this. I've always had issues trusting people, so it's no wonder that I haven't even thought of traveling with a stranger. :lol: Plus, I don't my privacy be threated by someone I don't really know...It sounds interesting though as long as the person can be trusted.
- HurricaneAndy
- Offline
- User is blocked
-
Less
More
- Posts: 25
- Thank you received: 0
15 years 4 months ago #8885
by HurricaneAndy
Replied by HurricaneAndy on topic Re: Traveling with Strangers
I don't think I would trust someone enough to travel with them to a foreign country. Maybe if I was a spy :silly: ... But I'm not so I don't think I'm going to be doing something like that anytime soon.
- JillyandCraig
- Offline
- User is blocked
-
Less
More
- Posts: 25
- Thank you received: 0
15 years 3 months ago #8926
by JillyandCraig
Replied by JillyandCraig on topic Re: Traveling with Strangers
I have a hard enough time travelling with people i know well, though maybe it's easier with someone who you just met? I guess you have no common history or expectations. I would be okay having a few outings but couldn't share a room.
Time to create page: 0.299 seconds