Skip to content
Plan your trip

Traveling with Strangers

Aruba Travel Friends

Advertisement

Forum archive: this forum contains conversations from 2008 to 2014 and is no longer active. Information may be outdated; see our travel guide for current information about where to stay, where to eat and things to do.

Traveling with Strangers

More
15 years 4 months ago #8845 by Zooba
Have you ever traveled with a stranger as a new travel buddy? I really want to try it out but I'm also really nervous about it. Do you stay in the same rooms? What if you have a big disagreement? How did you meet them?
More
15 years 4 months ago #8851 by Lantern
I haven't done this but my friend did when she went to Europe. I think there are several websites where people advertise their plans and invite others to join for all or some of the journey. Personally I wouldn't commit to an extensive plan, or share a room with a stranger.
More
15 years 4 months ago #8856 by junethetraveler
I have done this once. There are a lot of ways to find travel buddies. of course the most important thing to do is to remain safe. So get to know details and check up on their background.
More
15 years 4 months ago #8868 by Jetsetter
I have never done this. I've always had issues trusting people, so it's no wonder that I haven't even thought of traveling with a stranger. :lol: Plus, I don't my privacy be threated by someone I don't really know...It sounds interesting though as long as the person can be trusted.
More
15 years 4 months ago #8885 by HurricaneAndy
I don't think I would trust someone enough to travel with them to a foreign country. Maybe if I was a spy :silly: ... But I'm not so I don't think I'm going to be doing something like that anytime soon.
More
15 years 3 months ago #8926 by JillyandCraig
I have a hard enough time travelling with people i know well, though maybe it's easier with someone who you just met? I guess you have no common history or expectations. I would be okay having a few outings but couldn't share a room.
Time to create page: 0.298 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum
Advertisement